We too got a letter this morning..

Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: We too got a letter this morning..

Originally Posted by over50
Good luck Chris and OH fingers and everything else crossed for you here...
Steve and Dee
Thankyou all for your kind words of encouragement, we are still trying to get our heads around the scenario of the house not selling in time! We cant see in renting it we will be able to afford the shipping costs, flights, etc involved with the move, we are going to find out a bit more about it though. We have even thought of looking into the companies that will pay a trade price for your home. At the moment we are just trying to explore every avenue in order to fulfil our dream. The worst scenario being we have to apply all over again!!
Trying to keep our chins up as we really want to go and make it work.
Will keep you all updated of any news or progress with the house sale

Chris x
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alchris
"it will allow you to work for any employer in NZ foe a period of 9 months upon arrival." ''A decision on the application for residence will be deferred for up to 12 months''.
Chris x
I have not even completed my EOI (waiting for the wife to take IELTS), but I am getting worried what if they give me WTR instead of PR. I am worried about two things: the very short time period they give you to enter to NZ and it looks like you need to find a job in your profession.

What happens if one cannot find a job in the profession he/she was chosen for? Is there a minimum salary requirement?

At what point you get PR? Do you have to go through the medical and police check etc again? Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

Hi Want2Move

It all depends on your profession. What is yours? My sister is a secondary school teacher and she was granted PR straightaway.

WTR under the Skilled Migrant Category, which is different from the ordinary WTR, gives you 3 months to return the WTR application form and then they stamp your passport with a work visa which gives you 3 months to enter NZ. Upon entering NZ you are given a 9 month work permit which allows you to find an employer (if you haven't already done so). You have to work for that employer for 3 months and then ask Immigration to reassess your application (you don't have to wait for the 9 months to be up to do this). If Immigration are satisfied your employment is skilled employment then you are granted PR (none of the paperwork, medicals etc., that you have already done need to be done again).

This is my understanding of what WTR for an electrician means. If I am wrong I'm sure someone will say.

Hope this makes sense.
Nic
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:24 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Want2Move

You are in IT, you don't need a special licence to practice in NZ, therefore I wouldn't worry about receiving WTR instead of PR, I don't think that happens unless you have a job offer.

At least that's my understanding. If you receive a job offer then your application (be it at EOI or ITA stage) gets fast tracked. In this case they would give you WTR to make sure you do work in your field once in NZ. If they gave you PR then you could just land there and do any other job, which is not what they want, and you would have, effectively, "jumped the queue". Does that make sense?

Once in NZ with a job offer and WTR, you only have to work for that employer for 3 months and then you can apply for PR.

So I guess the answer in your case is don't look for a job until you're ready to leave at short(ish) notice!

Hope that helps.... and hope I'm right as we're in the same situation! (OH is main applicant and he's in IT too...).
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough

Hiya, How's the job hunting going??
Have you managed to clear up what immigration were on about with the 3 months and possible extension?
Were trying to string out our ITA as long as possible now as we really dont want to be going untill early next year and we'll definately miss the November exams which will mean a long wait for June
Good luck with the House sale.
Hang in there, it'll all be worth it in the end

We have even thought of looking into the companies that will pay a trade price for your home.
Ouch! Not ideal

The worst scenario being we have to apply all over again!!
That would be cheaper, but again not ideal.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 2poor4this
Hiya, How's the job hunting going??
Have you managed to clear up what immigration were on about with the 3 months and possible extension?
Were trying to string out our ITA as long as possible now as we really dont want to be going untill early next year and we'll definately miss the November exams which will mean a long wait for June
Good luck with the House sale.
Hang in there, it'll all be worth it in the end

Ouch! Not ideal

That would be cheaper, but again not ideal.
Hiya, things are ok, have just dropped house price by £30k -ouch, not alot of choice at the mo. One application was just sent back ''unread before deleting!'' thought that was a bit rude, a polite only NZ registered would have been better? Had a reply from case officer and its 3 months to apply then 3 months to get there. She said if house does not sell that's our problem as we have been given this chance so it's up to us if we decide to take it!' I do know what she means but think we may have held off sending in ITA if we thought the process would be so quick as opposed to their initial 1-4 months to get case officer then 3 months to get a decision! I dont think we can even go over to validate visa? We mentioned the Nov exams so ideally October would be a good month to go. Had a shipping co here yesterday reckons we have a bit too much for a 20ft @£3.500, so will have to get rid of stuff, get a bigger container and perhaps take car or have some items sent in a shaed container. I love organising just wish I could have a date to work to!! How much time do you have left before you have to send in ITA?
Keeping everything crossed and keep thinking I must stay positive as we have got a visa!

Chris
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough

It seems a bit harsh not giving some leeway with the timing, We've got 3 months left to submitt our ITA, medicals at end of this month, hopefully that will be the last of the paperwork done it'll be just stalling for time then, I can't believe how quickly they turned round your application, if they do that to us we'll be pushing it to go when we want to.
It's not nice being rejected without even being considered, as you say it could be done better, just think of it as they don't know what they're passsing up!!
I'm considering mailing some companies to see what they say about job offers in February, it's a very..... very.....very.... (you get the message) long shot, but hey if you don't ask you don't get, It would be ideal though as it may get us PR and give us a proper date to work to as we have a tendancy to get distracted without the pressure of having to do something

I've become one of eBays biggest sellers recently in an effort to get rid of all that stuff you collect over the years, It's amazing how much you can loose in an average size house, loads of things I'd forgoten we even had
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Soppydot4 and Water Lily.

It makes sense what you both said. I hope they will give me PR, so I will have a little longer time to move and also I can change my profession if I want to.

It looks like not having a job offer and/or a profession that does not need a special licence would give more flexibility. But I also understand the benefits of having a job ready when you land and a good job security for those who would have to go through a special licence process.

Thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Re: We too got a letter this morning..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50
Good luck Chris and OH fingers and everything else crossed for you here...
Steve and Dee

Thankyou all for your kind words of encouragement, we are still trying to get our heads around the scenario of the house not selling in time! We cant see in renting it we will be able to afford the shipping costs, flights, etc involved with the move, we are going to find out a bit more about it though. We have even thought of looking into the companies that will pay a trade price for your home. At the moment we are just trying to explore every avenue in order to fulfil our dream. The worst scenario being we have to apply all over again!!
Trying to keep our chins up as we really want to go and make it work.
Will keep you all updated of any news or progress with the house sale

Chris x
Hi Chris, Be careful using one of those companies as we enquired only and was only offered a fraction of the cost of our home here in northants. There has been reports in the papers where the government are going to look into these so called reputable companies that appear to say one and do another. OOOh and one we spoke to wouldn't even offer a price until they had taken 99 quid so please be careful when approaching these companies as we have had first hand experience of a few of these. To be honest I think these companies like to pry on those in finanical trouble and looking for a quick get out at a stupid price offer for their home. Our home is approxiamtely over
K150 but was only offered 93 .
Steve and Dee.