Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Visa status - sponsoring partner - advice please

Visa status - sponsoring partner - advice please

Old Jan 1st 2013, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Debidoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa status - sponsoring partner - advice please

Hi, just joined this site and it looks like there is lots of tips and advice which is great. I wonder if anyone is able to help me regarding a query. I am an Australian Citizen (with Australian Passport) and have dual British Nationality. I am currently living in the UK with my partner and we both wish to move to New Zealand. I have been looking on the immigration site and have a number of queries.
1) Can I sponsor my partner (defacto) to move to New Zealand via a family immigration stream?
2) Do I need to be living in New Zealand in order to do so - if so can he move with me at the same time - if so would be be able to work until the visa process has gone through
3) He has children from a previous marriage, would they be able to come at the same time, or would he have to become a resident first and bring them later.

Any help would be much appreciated. Wishing you all the best for 2013

Debidoos
Old Jan 1st 2013, 12:39 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa status - sponsoring partner - advice please

Originally Posted by Debidoos
Hi, just joined this site and it looks like there is lots of tips and advice which is great. I wonder if anyone is able to help me regarding a query. I am an Australian Citizen (with Australian Passport) and have dual British Nationality. I am currently living in the UK with my partner and we both wish to move to New Zealand. I have been looking on the immigration site and have a number of queries.
1) Can I sponsor my partner (defacto) to move to New Zealand via a family immigration stream?
2) Do I need to be living in New Zealand in order to do so - if so can he move with me at the same time - if so would be be able to work until the visa process has gone through
3) He has children from a previous marriage, would they be able to come at the same time, or would he have to become a resident first and bring them later.

Any help would be much appreciated. Wishing you all the best for 2013

Debidoos
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your questions I'm afraid but just wanted to say hello.

I think it's about 2.30 am in NZ at the mo (00.30 in Oz where I am) so you may not get any answers for a few hours.

Enjoy B.E.