the use of an immigration agent

Old May 13th 2010, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Lo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really nice
Question the use of an immigration agent

hi, im thinkin of using an immigration agent to help with all the paperwork and to get advice etc...has anyone used one of these before...are they worth the money ?.....if yes...can anyone recommend a good company...i know they all have to be registered etc...now.
Old May 13th 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the use of an immigration agent

Hi Lo Fo,
If your application is straightforward you DONT need to use an agent!!

The whole application process is quite lengthy, but certainly doable on your own.
Old May 14th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Lo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really niceLo Fo is just really nice

last august i was given a full time job offer workin for corrections. I applied to courts for permission to take my daughters out of uk as no longer with their father. Courts took so long granting this that my aproval in principal expired.I applied for two yr work visa but was knocked back as they did a local market test and i was told that there were locals who could/would do the job i was offered!!! Am now waiting to see if corrections will extend my job offer so i can re apply for a res visa..but to be honest even with a job offer i still only jus scrape through with just over 100 points...was told by dept of imm that i cant use bonus points either for living outside auckland etc...dont know what thats all about....the online application is really baffling too as some of the questions arent straightforward either so was just thinking that it woild be easier to let someone else to the hard work..but its all a bit of a mine field finding someone bonafide and someone who wont rip you off!!
Old May 14th 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lo Fo
was told by dept of imm that i cant use bonus points either for living outside auckland etc...
If you want to claim these bonus points, you must already have a job offer that places you outside Auckland to work. They won't consider giving you then otherwise. I found that myself. There will be no work for me in Auckland, but even so, I was told no job offer = no bonus points for being outside Auckland.