Unrelated step child

Old Jun 30th 2013, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of
Default Unrelated step child

Sorry my posts are like buses, none for ages and then three at once! Sorry this will be my last question for a while I promise. I've just had a horrible thought. As some of you may remember, my partner is not my eldest child's biological father. His biological father is not involved or on the birth certificate and we have established with INZ that we therefore do not need bio father's permission to emigrate.

However something has just occurred to me: Although my partner and eldest share a loving father-son bond (he calls him daddy) there is no legal connection between them, we've explored all our legal options regarding adoption, parental responsibility agreements etc. but decided against as it would be too risky having to track down the bio father as he would almost certainly object out of spite.

My partner is the primary applicant (he has to be, we wouldn't have any chance if it was me). Given that he has no legal connection to the eldest child, would there be any problem putting him down on the skilled migrant visa application? Would the fact that he is a dependent of me and I am a proven de facto partner to OH be enough?
Old Jun 30th 2013, 8:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unrelated step child

we also have a son not related to my OH, main applicant. but in our case a lot older than yours, not living with us so would of been very hard to get him in on our application. I think all you need to prove is that he is financially dependant on you to qualify. They may request further information but you won't be coming without him so you will have to put him on and see what they say
Old Jun 30th 2013, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of

What are you guys doing about it? Is he going over on a different visa or staying with dad?
Old Jun 30th 2013, 10:22 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as I said mine is much older, was already living with paternal grandparents before we even thought of coming over. He is in his twenties now and decided he didn't want to leave UK. He is thinking of coming over on a WHV but no idea when. Unfortunately unless he meets and marries a Kiwi he will not be able to get a visa to live and work here