Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Undeclared criminal conviction - please help

Undeclared criminal conviction - please help

Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:08 am
Just Joined

SarahMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Undeclared criminal conviction - please help

Hi
I'm hoping that someone can help me.

My OH and I have submitted our EOI and now have the ITA almost ready to send.
My OH had a conviction for Assault occasioning actual bodily harm from 15 years ago, he was fined £50 and paid £200 compensation, this conviction is now spent, so we didn't include it in the EOI.
I now realise that this was a mistake.

Any advice on how to correct this mistake and declare the conviction would be greatly received.
Should we submit a new EOI quickly, so that our medicals are still valid and we don't have to pay for that again?
Are we allowed to submit a new EOI?
Who at nzis can I contact to get adivce?
Will our application be rejected if we carry on with the same one?

Thank you for any help!!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

newbie 667 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Undeclared criminal conviction - please help

Hi

I also had this problem - when I filled out the EOI I misread one of the questions, when the ITA arrived I realised the mistake and contacted immigration.

They told me not to worry, proceed with the ITA, explain the error in your covering letter and attach a statement explaining the conviction. We also included a recent CRB check that lists any convictions.

The skilled migrant team didn't seem to think it would be too much of a problem so we have now submitted our ITA.

Hope this helps

Rebecca