Transfer of NZ visa into new UK passport

Old May 30th 2011, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all
Default Transfer of NZ visa into new UK passport

Hi again on this topic,

Well, we now have the new UK passports and just need to get the visa's transferred into them. I thought I was doing well as I have the forms (INZ 1023) in front of me ready to fill in and just as I was about to put pen to paper I looked at the first section ....... which asks for the principal applicant's details ............ so now I am thinking is this me ?? as I was the principal applicant, but the transfer of visa's are for my husband and son not me ???????? so am I just being completely stupid and do they mean principal applicant for transfer of the visa ???

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Annabel
Old May 30th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

coffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nicecoffeeaddict is just really nice
Default Re: Transfer of NZ visa into new UK passport

Hi Annabel
Might not be of great help but i lost my passport with my Oz Pr in and when i spoke to Oz house in London they just wanted photocopy of acceptance letter and the new passport sent to them and they put new stamp in.. i also sent photo copys of my lost passport that i had on my pc..

again may not be completely relavent to you..

best of luck
Lee
Old May 31st 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict
Hi Annabel
Might not be of great help but i lost my passport with my Oz Pr in and when i spoke to Oz house in London they just wanted photocopy of acceptance letter and the new passport sent to them and they put new stamp in.. i also sent photo copys of my lost passport that i had on my pc..

again may not be completely relavent to you..

best of luck
Lee
Thanks for the reply.

I think I was having an incredibly dim moment (blaming it on the stress). I ended up completing the forms with just my husbands and son's details and I think it will be ok. I thought if it's not they will just send them back
Old Jun 5th 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Well the passport and visa transfer is over for my husband and son for the next 10 years

I just thought I would update you on the experience though, Firstly I was pleasantly surprised to see how quickly the new UK passports arrived. From sending off with the check and send service at the post office it too only 1 week to have the new passports back, which I thought was rather good.

Secondly, after my incredibly dumb moment last weekend with the forms for transfer of the visas I did do what was really quite blatantly obvious, and filled them in with my husbands and son's details ! ! ! So on Monday they went off to the post office and were sent at about 4.30pm. Then on Friday morning whilst enjoying a bit of early morning sun in the garden I was really surprised when the postman appeared with a special delivery which contained the passports with new visa's attached ! ! ! ! !

So all in all quite a pleasantly positive experience ......... lets just hope its the same when I need to do my own in 2 yrs