Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Transfer Indefinite RRV to new passport / eVisa

Transfer Indefinite RRV to new passport / eVisa

Old Aug 16th 2019, 5:09 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transfer Indefinite RRV to new passport / eVisa

It has been nearly 10 years since I last did this, did a quick search but threads are old.

I have my Indefinite NZ RRV in one of my old UK passports. I just renewed that one. I remember going to NZ house in London back in 2010 to get a new visa paper visa in my passport. I know in the US you can carry both passports and the visa label is still valid even if the passport is not.

I am now living in the USA, I looked at the NZ website and from what I can tell I need to send off both the old and new passport and pay:
US$141+38+30-60? is that right? I don't need it right now as I have no plans to return longterm at present but do want to keep it current and ready if neded.

I checked on RealMe and the visa is still valid, is there a way I can be issued an e-visa instead of having the physical stamp in my passport? I am also a US Citizen now, is it possible to have a RRV attached to my US passport instead of a new British one?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder
Old Aug 17th 2019, 6:24 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer Indefinite RRV to new passport / eVisa

Originally Posted by tht
It has been nearly 10 years since I last did this, did a quick search but threads are old.

I have my Indefinite NZ RRV in one of my old UK passports. I just renewed that one. I remember going to NZ house in London back in 2010 to get a new visa paper visa in my passport. I know in the US you can carry both passports and the visa label is still valid even if the passport is not.

I am now living in the USA, I looked at the NZ website and from what I can tell I need to send off both the old and new passport and pay:
US$141+38+30-60? is that right? I don't need it right now as I have no plans to return longterm at present but do want to keep it current and ready if neded.

I checked on RealMe and the visa is still valid, is there a way I can be issued an e-visa instead of having the physical stamp in my passport? I am also a US Citizen now, is it possible to have a RRV attached to my US passport instead of a new British one?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder
looks like I missed this page / form, will report back once it’s complete:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a-new-passport

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...es/inz1023.pdf

Old Sep 12th 2019, 6:17 pm
tht

Incase anyone ever searches on this:

Once I reviewed the forms I decided to send notarized copies of the picture pages or my old and new passport and the old visa page directly to Auckland to avoid the service fee associated with using the Washington service. I sent via regular mail for US$4.06 on August 21st, the 3 notarized pages cost $15. I did the free eVisa to avoid having to send any original documents and pay for couriers both ways. Received a word document with confirmation of the change via email yesterday night In New York. I am hoping subsequent changes of passport can now be done online.

Old Sep 13th 2019, 3:33 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

excellent news