tourist info

Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

katleigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tourist info

hello,i am an australian citizen and my bf is a uk citizen,we are looking at going to new zealand for no more then a month.my question is,do we need to provide a onward journey ticket,for them to let us in.we will have bank statements providing info on our funds for the trip,but do we need onward journey tickets.please help thank you
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:48 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tourist info

Hello,
Yes you will need to have bought tickets out of NZ before you can enter. I have travelled to NZ 3 times as a visitor and airlines always check you have an onward ticket before letting you into the plane to NZ. They can be fined for allowing someone to arrive in NZ without evidence of onward travel.
From the NZIS website:
Proof that you plan to leave New Zealand
You will need to show us proof that you have plans and the means to leave within the period of your permit. Suitable proof may include:
•actual travel tickets (confirmed or open-dated) out of New Zealand to a country which you have the right to enter; or
•written confirmation from an airline or travel agency that onward travel has been booked and paid for.

Evidence of funds
You will also need to show us proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay. This means you have a minimum of:
•NZ$1000 per person per month of the visit, or
•NZ$400 per person per month if accommodation has already been paid for – we will require proof of prepayment, such as hotel prepaid vouchers.

Acceptable evidence of sufficient funds can be demonstrated in the form of:
•cash
•travellers' cheques
•bank drafts
•recognised credit cards with sufficient credit available – it is recommended that visitors have an up-to-date credit card statement.
I have never been asked to show evidence of sufficient funds though