British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Timescales after submitting EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/timescales-after-submitting-eoi-511501/)

scottishnomad Feb 3rd 2008 11:46 pm

Timescales after submitting EOI

Hi All,

About to submit my EOI, I am in NZ, currently employed (work in IT) on a work holiday visa. If I have done my sums correctly, I have 140 points, applying with my partner, a few questions,

1) If I submit in next few weeks, how quickly can I expect to be ITA (Should I be selected)

2) Been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years, so classed as De-facto. What sort of things do I need to provide to prove our relationship?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Scottish N

Wiz'n'Ton Feb 4th 2008 12:08 am

Re: Timescales after submitting EOI

Hi there. It's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question I suppose, but to give an idea, Maz, DustyBin and I submitted our EOI's in the same week and we were all selected in the same draw (Nov 7th 2007). Maz (in Welly) got her ITA within a matter of weeks - certainly before Xmas, Dusty (ChCh) got his soon into Jan of 08 (I think...?:confused:) and I have just got mine through (also ChCh).

The guide is 4 to 6 weeks, but I would times that by 3 and use the resulting date as a guide for any plans you want to make - especially medicals/ police checks and the like.

Hope this helps, and good luck with it.

Wiz'n'Ton

Dustybin Feb 4th 2008 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5880227)
Hi there. It's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question I suppose, but to give an idea, Maz, DustyBin and I submitted our EOI's in the same week and we were all selected in the same draw (Nov 7th 2007). Maz (in Welly) got her ITA within a matter of weeks - certainly before Xmas, Dusty (ChCh) got his soon into Jan of 08 (I think...?:confused:) and I have just got mine through (also ChCh).

The guide is 4 to 6 weeks, but I would times that by 3 and use the resulting date as a guide for any plans you want to make - especially medicals/ police checks and the like.

Hope this helps, and good luck with it.

Wiz'n'Ton

As the wise man said it's a lotto.
There are two ways of thinking, try to get everything ready before you get your ITA so you can sumit quickly, but then worry if everything will be out of date by the time you get it, or wait till it arrives and run about like a fool trying to sort the paperwork out!

We are in the middle of the second option!!

Good luck!

j19fmm Feb 4th 2008 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by scottishnomad (Post 5880168)
Hi All,

2) Been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years, so classed as De-facto. What sort of things do I need to provide to prove our relationship?

Scottish N

Hi all,
Would also be interested in an answer to this one ,guys.
Cheers x

scottishnomad Feb 4th 2008 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 5884563)
Hi all,
Would also be interested in an answer to this one ,guys.
Cheers x

I have done some more research, thinks it logical things to prove you have been together, names on leases for flats, anything in joint names (Bills etc.) booking confirmations etc and maybe even testomany from people that know you/lived with.

happynz Feb 4th 2008 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by scottishnomad (Post 5880168)

Letters addressed to the both of you, any bills that have both of your names, photographs, rental receipts, basically anything that helps convince NZIS that you are in a genuine and stable relationship.

j19fmm Feb 4th 2008 9:04 pm

Thank you:thumbsup::thumbsup: