Timescales after submitting EOI

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Timescales after submitting EOI

Hi All,

About to submit my EOI, I am in NZ, currently employed (work in IT) on a work holiday visa. If I have done my sums correctly, I have 140 points, applying with my partner, a few questions,

1) If I submit in next few weeks, how quickly can I expect to be ITA (Should I be selected)

2) Been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years, so classed as De-facto. What sort of things do I need to provide to prove our relationship?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Scottish N
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:08 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timescales after submitting EOI

Hi there. It's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question I suppose, but to give an idea, Maz, DustyBin and I submitted our EOI's in the same week and we were all selected in the same draw (Nov 7th 2007). Maz (in Welly) got her ITA within a matter of weeks - certainly before Xmas, Dusty (ChCh) got his soon into Jan of 08 (I think...?) and I have just got mine through (also ChCh).

The guide is 4 to 6 weeks, but I would times that by 3 and use the resulting date as a guide for any plans you want to make - especially medicals/ police checks and the like.

Hope this helps, and good luck with it.

Wiz'n'Ton
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:45 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton View Post
Hi there. It's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question I suppose, but to give an idea, Maz, DustyBin and I submitted our EOI's in the same week and we were all selected in the same draw (Nov 7th 2007). Maz (in Welly) got her ITA within a matter of weeks - certainly before Xmas, Dusty (ChCh) got his soon into Jan of 08 (I think...?) and I have just got mine through (also ChCh).

The guide is 4 to 6 weeks, but I would times that by 3 and use the resulting date as a guide for any plans you want to make - especially medicals/ police checks and the like.

Hope this helps, and good luck with it.

Wiz'n'Ton
As the wise man said it's a lotto.
There are two ways of thinking, try to get everything ready before you get your ITA so you can sumit quickly, but then worry if everything will be out of date by the time you get it, or wait till it arrives and run about like a fool trying to sort the paperwork out!

We are in the middle of the second option!!

Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishnomad View Post
Hi All,

2) Been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years, so classed as De-facto. What sort of things do I need to provide to prove our relationship?

Scottish N
Hi all,
Would also be interested in an answer to this one ,guys.
Cheers x
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice

Originally Posted by j19fmm View Post
Hi all,
Would also be interested in an answer to this one ,guys.
Cheers x
I have done some more research, thinks it logical things to prove you have been together, names on leases for flats, anything in joint names (Bills etc.) booking confirmations etc and maybe even testomany from people that know you/lived with.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:59 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by scottishnomad View Post
Letters addressed to the both of you, any bills that have both of your names, photographs, rental receipts, basically anything that helps convince NZIS that you are in a genuine and stable relationship.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you