Time scale for EOI to ITA and beyond...

Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Time scale for EOI to ITA and beyond...

Thought it would be useful to add time scales that I have experienced....so far....as I know it is a question that comes up a lot...and useful to compare experiences! I am waiting for my PR...I have a job offer...so fingers crossed!!!

EOI submitted 9th April 2007
EOI drawn 11th April 2007
ITA received May 8th 2007
ITA received by NZIS June 1st 2007
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:00 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time scale for EOI to ITA and beyond...

Originally Posted by NZBee
Thought it would be useful to add time scales that I have experienced....so far....as I know it is a question that comes up a lot...and useful to compare experiences! I am waiting for my PR...I have a job offer...so fingers crossed!!!

EOI submitted 9th April 2007
EOI drawn 11th April 2007
ITA received May 8th 2007
ITA received by NZIS June 1st 2007

You may live to regret, when you see how each application can vary
But this is ours ;

EOI submitted 19/12/06
EOI selected 20/12/06
ITA received 28/12/06
ITA submitted 18/01/07
Blue Stickers 20/03/07
Landed in NZ 10/04/07
Old Jun 12th 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

See below for ours. Hope to be in NZ mid August.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Hurray! Got my PR on the 19th June!! Should be there in mid August myself!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

See below ours, although OH hasn't had a job offer so good knows how long it will take to receive ITA!

Is it worth us going to the NZ Expo in October to see if there are any construction firms there?! OH is carpenter/cabinet maker.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:23 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! Enjoy the next few weeks, cos it flies by
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Congrats NZBee. Not long now then.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
See below ours, although OH hasn't had a job offer so good knows how long it will take to receive ITA!

Is it worth us going to the NZ Expo in October to see if there are any construction firms there?! OH is carpenter/cabinet maker.
HHmm. We went to this Expo Oct 2003 and arranged to meet other hopefuls there. Had a good time too.
It was very crowded but we did manage to pick up quite a lot of interesting and useful info.
There were several stands there that were interested in trades people. Two in particular were Work Otago looking for people to go to the Dunedin area and one for Napier . We picked up job offers via both of these.

I take it from your post you are having no luck lobbying firms here from the UK. Big shame this , as if you were able to do a reccy here I am sure you would come away with a job offer or twenty.

Remind me what areas are you interested in or will you go where the job offer is?

edited... I've checked and its the Welly region .

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 28th 2007 at 2:08 am. Reason: to check for the area
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Hi

To be honest we haven't even tried applying from this end as I hear very few employers are willing to do so. If there was a chance that OH could obtain a job via phone interview, then we would go for it!

We have discounted doing a recce as it would be too expensive for us, plus sorting out the kids would be a nightmare. We had a long weekend in Spain for our honeymoon and that was bad enough!