Tim and cami from the U.S.

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 3:56 am
Just Joined

timothyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Tim and cami from the U.S.

My name is Tim and I am from the U.S. My wife and I, along with our six children, would like to immigrate to New Zealand.
My wife has an associate degree in elementary education, and is hoping to enter nursing school this winter to become a registered nurse, she is also a doula, and may work towards a licensed nurse midwife certification.
I am a master plumber since 1994, i also play guitar annd sing( although probably not good enough to motivate NZ into adding that to the skills shortage list)
Do you think we sound like decent candidates for a PR or skilled migrants.
Would we possibly qualify now or would the RN and/or midwive qualification be something that we should wait on(that could take two years)
We have just started the process but we are definately moving hot and heavy.
we don't really want to wait
Thank you for your insights,
Tim
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:57 am
Just Joined

samiam2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tim and cami from the U.S.

Good luck with the process. On the immigration website they have a points calculator which you can use by putting your details in it and get an idea of how many points you have without your wifes nursing certificate. If it is more than 100 then you can submit your EOI and get the process started.

Sam