For those going over on tourist visa

Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:38 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those going over on tourist visa

Originally Posted by Karen2000
Hi Littletoe

I got a letter on 1st May to say my case officer had been appointed and asking me for a list of extra evidence he required , I replied to that asap and then out of the blue the letter on Weds asking me to send in my passport for the stickers . I was stunned to be honest , and it was the office in Auckland Manukau City I applied to probably the same office as you .
I wish you luck with your application, it cant be too far behind mine I`m sure , it seems that once you have the case officer it is approved fairly quickly . I have been lucky and have 2 interviews lined up for jobs so fingers crossed I will be working very soon !!

Regards Karen
I think I sent mine to Henderson. I only received a letter saying I would be assigned a case officer in 6-9 nine months, so mine doesn't seem that likely. They've kept my passport though, I guess I'll get that back when I get my work permit. Its so annoying, I'm sure I've sent every shread of evidence I need. It was all returned to me the other day, I guess I did send everything correctly. Marriage certificate, girls birth certificates, rental contracts with our names on. When I call, they can't tell me anything!! They don't say where it is, what stage its at, etc. One woman was quite snotty and asked why I thought mine was an 'urgent' request. I never said it was!! I was just looking for a time frame. I hate having this hanging over my head. And not being able to apply for work or study. Grrrrr!