Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!? - YES I WILL !!

Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:31 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Testicular cancer - will I be let in?!?

For Sale board is going back up - our estate agents, being the epitomy of useless, had failed to get the buyer's solicitors details and were therefore in no position to formalise an offer. This is despite previously telling me that they thought a letter had been sent and a replacement would be in the post. Utter, utter crap. :curse:

Any further failings will see them referred directly to SWMBO who is in a place that is far, far from happy. God help 'em........

If this buyer doesn't come good fairly soon then they are getting the boot.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:42 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Further failings??? Think I would bin them as negligent and demand a formal release (prevents problems down the line when you do sell), from their ties with you and place it with a new agent...but maybe that's just me
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:13 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Problem is, buyer is still keen (delay is entirely mortgage supplier related apparently) and so they aren't likely to hand over a release. If they still go ahead but through a different agent, we are likely to be pursued for costs by the original agent as they introduced them to the property and did all the leg work. While I don't mind fighting my corner, this would be extra hassle that I can live without in my life at the moment.

I also don't want to have the signs of multiple agencies up as that smacks of desperation and won't do anything to help the size of incoming offers.

So with rational head on, I've decided the best course of action is to ride it out until we have a definitive answer from these buyers. If it sells I'll take the money and remember not to use this agent EVER again, if not then I'll boot them into touch and move on.

Last edited by teeym; Mar 24th 2010 at 5:17 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by teeym
Problem is, buyer is still keen (delay is entirely mortgage supplier related apparently) and so they aren't likely to hand over a release. If they still go ahead but through a different agent, we are likely to be pursued for costs by the original agent as they introduced them to the property and did all the leg work. While I don't mind fighting my corner, this would be extra hassle that I can live without in my life at the moment.

I also don't want to have the signs of multiple agencies up as that smacks of desperation and won't do anything to help the size of incoming offers.

So with rational head on, I've decided the best course of action is to ride it out until we have a definitive answer from these buyers. If it sells I'll take the money and remember not to use this agent EVER again, if not then I'll boot them into touch and move on.
Hi teeym - I just wanted to wish you good luck for your interview on Monday
Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Anne-Richard is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck for the interview tomorrow
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:57 pm
Lord of The Pies

Thanks both!!

Can't believe we're down to around 17hrs to go! SWMBO is suffering from stress levels best described as "elevated", whilst I've been despatched to internetland in order to double check on all relevant information.

In terms of job availability she is looking good - her application was submitted as "accountant" which is on LTSS list, however her main speciality is audit which is now showing on both LTSS and ISS lists. We're hoping that will be enough to show that she is very much in demand!

To be honest, we know what we know - we've done our recce trip, spent far too long on the web looking at houses, cars, jobs, the wisdom of BE etc and I've even priced up a new pair of rugby shorts. If we have a problem it won't be throught lack of effort.

I'm now more worried about how long it will take to get the decision afterwards. Purely for SWMBO's sake I must add - because I will be a NIGHTMARE to live with.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Thanks both!!

Can't believe we're down to around 17hrs to go! SWMBO is suffering from stress levels best described as "elevated", whilst I've been despatched to internetland in order to double check on all relevant information.

In terms of job availability she is looking good - her application was submitted as "accountant" which is on LTSS list, however her main speciality is audit which is now showing on both LTSS and ISS lists. We're hoping that will be enough to show that she is very much in demand!

To be honest, we know what we know - we've done our recce trip, spent far too long on the web looking at houses, cars, jobs, the wisdom of BE etc and I've even priced up a new pair of rugby shorts. If we have a problem it won't be throught lack of effort.

I'm now more worried about how long it will take to get the decision afterwards. Purely for SWMBO's sake I must add - because I will be a NIGHTMARE to live with.
2 days MAX I would have thought. We had an email that our status had changed and, of course, had to go there straight away to see APPROVED. Then I had the letter emailed to me by Maxine the day after that, which duly arrived in the post. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, which may make typing at work a bit difficult, but I'll cope.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:24 pm
Lord of The Pies

Thanks ever so much! Hopefully it will be quick as once we've got that and the house sorted (survey not too far off hopefully), I have her ladyships permission to get us on the first available job-hunting jet to the land of the long white cloud!

Here's hoping the updates will come thick and fast over the next day or two!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:46 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

:f ingerscrossed: for you. Hope next time I check this thread you'll be saying that the interview was a piece of piss!!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:36 am
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by shelloid
:f ingerscrossed: for you. Hope next time I check this thread you'll be saying that the interview was a piece of piss!!
The interview was a piece of piss!

Although this was largely down to the fact that my involvement was primarily based around sitting on the sofa, watching an elderly episode of Top Gear while SWMBO fretted away upstairs. In my defence, I did have to speak for all of about 2 minutes to confirm what I do for a living and how I was planning to get a job.

27 minutes and 9 seconds later it was all over and we were left with the assurance that everything would be decided by the end of the week, once our CO makes a decision (today) and one of her colleagues reviews and seconds it. Whatever happens, I am very, very proud of SWMBO's efforts as she really doesn't like interviewy things and from the bits I could listen in to she sounded exactly like the kind of person who would benefit New Zealand*.

I now realise that what I thought were impassable levels of impatience previously experienced during the latter stages of the ITA being reviewed, were in fact a mere trifle compared to the cardiac-inducing uncertainty I am now going through.

As they say though - she'll be right...... hopefully.

*totally unbiased opinion
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

*totally unbiased opinion
Flamin' heck. My eyes are getting bad.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:45 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

eeeeee!! Sounds like it went well and that SWMBO did a good job. We'll be waiting at the end of the week for the good news.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:27 am
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by BEVS
Flamin' heck. My eyes are getting bad.
CLICKY HERE!

Thanks shelloid - keep watching this space!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:03 pm
Lord of The Pies

The interview has been finished for all of 4 1/2 hours and already I'm incapable of doing anything but drink coffee, pace around and check e-mails/Immi NZ site. That'll be a neat combo of the Immigration Finger Syndrome and Mashed Head Syndrome I've been hearing so much about then.......

Don't know why, but I have a feeling that if we get anything it will be WTR rather than PR. There is no logic behind this train of thought (probably MHS kicking in a little more) but I will be very, very glad when we get some form of answer!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

The interview has been finished for all of 4 1/2 hours and already I'm incapable of doing anything but drink coffee, pace around and check e-mails/Immi NZ site. That'll be a neat combo of the Immigration Finger Syndrome and Mashed Head Syndrome I've been hearing so much about then.......

Don't know why, but I have a feeling that if we get anything it will be WTR rather than PR. There is no logic behind this train of thought (probably MHS kicking in a little more) but I will be very, very glad when we get some form of answer!
Coffee is good for this! We were sure that we would get a WTR and by the time we heard from Maxine we were 100% convinced that that's what we would get - and we didn't, we got the PR - so go lie down in a darkened room for a while and all will be well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.