Temp work visa questions

Old Aug 25th 2013, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

c_wal10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temp work visa questions

Hi,
I am currently filling in my husbands 'remp work visa' application and am stuck on 2 things, hope you can help.
I says that if you intend to stay ing NZ for longer than 6 months then you need to provide a chest x-ray and medical certificate. If you intend to stay more than 24 months a police certificate.
He is entering NZ on a temp work visa whilst EOI is processed. So do I need to submit these or just wait till we have to do them for the Residency visa?
Thanks
Old Aug 25th 2013, 8:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp work visa questions

husband was in NZ when he got his temp work visa, just walked in and got one within a few hours. He advised them that he had EOI submitted and with the additional points would be pulled in the next selection period and the guy just said OK no point doing the medicals for this then. But on returning to the UK with the temp visa in his passport the guys in NZ House was not impressed and said that he should of gone for at least the minimal requirements but hey he had the visa already so we were not bothered what he thought.

which doesn't actually help you - sworry
Old Aug 30th 2013, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

I had an EOI running in the background when applying for a work visa. We are using a migration consultant and were advised as it is my intention to remain in NZ for over 12 months to get a full medical.

I was granted a 3 year work visa!

Hope this helps

KWB
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:25 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You need a General medical certificate and chest xray if the intention is to stay in NZ for longer than 12 months. If the job offer is for longer than this then he'd have to do it.
The good thing is that once they are submitted to NZIS they stay valid for 36 months so should still be in date when your ITA comes through