Telephone interview for SM Visa

Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:46 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice
Default Telephone interview for SM Visa

Hi, I've heard that before you are granted a visa you have to have a telephone interview if you are not in NZ already. They then determine whether you will get PR or Work to Residence. Is this right? And has anyone gone through this process? If so, what kind of thing are you asked? Any info much appreciated - just want to be prepared for our telephone interview if it comes!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone interview for SM Visa

Originally Posted by DGH
Hi, I've heard that before you are granted a visa you have to have a telephone interview if you are not in NZ already. They then determine whether you will get PR or Work to Residence. Is this right? And has anyone gone through this process? If so, what kind of thing are you asked? Any info much appreciated - just want to be prepared for our telephone interview if it comes!
Hi, I think you have a telephone interview if you don't have a job offer. It's to do with seeing how you might settle I think. If you search the threads I remember there being a bit about this topic. Hope this is right, no doubt some one will be along to put us straight
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:46 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

Found the old thread, it was really helpful - thanks for the advice. I'm fairly new to this website, and I'm finding all kinds of helpful advice on it. Thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DGH
Found the old thread, it was really helpful - thanks for the advice. I'm fairly new to this website, and I'm finding all kinds of helpful advice on it. Thanks!
Hi
I've got my interview next Thursday (12th Feb), have you got a date for yours, if not I will put the questions on the site afterwars.

Jackie
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Will be keeping all fingers & toes crossed for you Jackie
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:53 pm
DGH
Danni

Smile Re: Telephone interview for SM Visa

Hi,
Haven't got a date for my telephone interview yet but GOOD LUCK with yours!! Let me know how it goes, and yes, any info about questions they ask would be a great help!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DGH
Hi,
Haven't got a date for my telephone interview yet but GOOD LUCK with yours!! Let me know how it goes, and yes, any info about questions they ask would be a great help!
Hi

I've had my interview this morning, it took around 40 minutes, the case officer was really nice and friendly. She asked the following:-

Have you been to NZ?
What do you Know about NZ?
What have you done to look for work?
What opportunities do you feel are available for you in NZ?
Where do you want to live?
Have you any family and/or freinds in NZ?
if you were granted Visa's would you start applying for jobs straight away?
Why NZ and why now?
What do you know about the cost of living?
What wages are you expecting or do you think you will earn in NZ?
Has your OH looked for job opportunites?
What would you do if you couldn't find work in your chosen career?
Will you be planning to rent or buy a property in NZ?

I think that is it, good luck with yours. The CO is going to email me early next week with her decision, however, she did tell me that our application would definately not be declined. Another steep closer
Jackie
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Great info, good luck.
Can I ask how many points you went in to the pool with? Please?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Great info, good luck.
Can I ask how many points you went in to the pool with? Please?
We had 125 points initially and this went up to 130 by the time we received our ITA (my work experience went from 8 years to over 10 years), no job offer.
Thank Jackie
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jack1971
We had 125 points initially and this went up to 130 by the time we received our ITA (my work experience went from 8 years to over 10 years), no job offer.
Thank Jackie
Thanks for the reply Jackie
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Thanks for the reply Jackie
no problem

Where are you up to?

Jackie
Old Feb 13th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jack1971
no problem

Where are you up to?

Jackie
Needing permission from ex to take children, court case just begun. Then I will need a job offer to get my points up, at present I only have 100 points.Bit of a catch 22.I'm a primary school teacher so really need to be in NZ to get a job but can't get in without job. Nuts
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:26 am
DGH
Danni

Thanks for the info Jackie. Great news for you. Let us know your result. We're just waiting for NZQA to assess our teaching quals then we can get our ITA off. We have 140 points and no job offer yet.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DGH
Thanks for the info Jackie. Great news for you. Let us know your result. We're just waiting for NZQA to assess our teaching quals then we can get our ITA off. We have 140 points and no job offer yet.
Hi

We were granted PR on Friday, the case officer emailed me and said i will be getting a letter to confirm this next week. Just need to sell the house and we are on our way
Jackie
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:47 pm
DGH
Danni

Smile Re: Telephone interview for SM Visa

Wow, congratulations! Hopefully we'll be following in your footsteps soon. Can I ask your timeline? I've seen a few timelines for people with job offers (usually just 2-3 months from EOI to PR) but I've never seen one for someone without a job offer like us.

Good luck with everything, where are you headed in NZ?

Danni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.