Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Talent Visa Processing time & Return of Passport from Processing Centre??

Talent Visa Processing time & Return of Passport from Processing Centre??

Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:30 am
Just Joined

laura lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Talent Visa Processing time & Return of Passport from Processing Centre??

Hi All,

Myself & my partner (both brits) are currently in the process of making the move from the UAE to New Zealand and have a few (very common i'm sure) timeline and logistical questions....

My partner has applied for a talent work visa online with an accredited employer (submitted 20 August), and I have applied for a Partner of a Worker Work visa by paper application to the VFS processing center in Dubai (submitted 11 September).

Both my partner and my passports have been submitted to the processing centre in Dubai, and my understanding is that we won't receive these back until both our visa applications are approved.

Slight issue however, my partner recently contacted the immigration centre for his application, and they have advised his approval could take 2-3 months, rather than the mentioned 20 working days (!!!!!) Bit of an issue as we are currently making plans to leave the UAE on 27th October to head back to the UK for a bit before travelling on to NZ early November.

So I suppose my question is - is it possible to request our passports back from the VFS processing centre in Dubai before his / our visas are approved so that we can travel back to the UK? And if so, do they then require them to be posted back to Dubai for final approval!?

We were originally planning to travel to NZ around 6th November, we can stall for a bit in the UK staying with family, but really can't stay any longer in the UAE as will be without accommodation / jobs / visa etc.

Everything is seeming like a bit of a logistical nightmare at this stage, any input or advice much appreciated!

Thanks,
Laura
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice
Default Re: Talent Visa Processing time & Return of Passport from Processing Centre??

I had my passport returned while they processed my visa (can take up to 4 months), so perhaps you can call and explain your situation and see if you can get your passport returned?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Talent Visa Processing time & Return of Passport from Processing Centre??

Okay, that's good to know it's an option thanks!

Feeling a little naive in thinking all would be processed within the proposed timelines oops... especially having lived in the UAE for 2.5 years (where nothing seems to go as planned).

My partners new employers have agreed to pay relocation costs (flights and shipping), hopefully they will still be happy to pay these before the visa is approved so we can get out of the UAE on schedule.

A stressful couple of months ahead I think.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully you have checked the new criteria before submitting your application so make sure that you both would met it??

We, although in the UK at the time, started our application in the UK and when the approval came through we had it transferred to NZ office as OH was already here on a temp work visa and myself and the kids came over on visitors visa's. so ask if that is possible, but as I say making sure you will actually have a chance of the visa being approved under the new guide lines would be my first response.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:47 am
Just Joined

As far as I can see my partner meets all conditions for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa (with valid offer from accredited employer), although I could absolutely be looking in the wrong place here!

It seems like the recent changes apply mostly to the Essential Skills Migrant Category visas - I'm not sure if this counts as us or not, and therefore whether there have been any recently changes to the Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa that are not showing on the website?

Sorry for all these questions that I'm sure have been covered before, just desperately trying to get my head around all these different categories and which apply :S

We are both under 30, so as an alternative could try and enter on visitor or working holiday visas while all gets sorted hopefully...
Old Sep 12th 2017, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here to bring a ray of sunshine

My talent visa was granted in 7 working days, the families 3 days after that, was in the UK though........fingers crossed
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Thank you that has reduced my stress levels from about a 8 down to 5 I would say!

Fingers crossed we'll hear soon and won't need to worry about trying to leave the UAE with no passports etc... 17 working days and counting down
Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

It's so far been 12 working days since we lodged my husbands talent (accredited employer), my partner of a worker and our kids visa applications.

Although my medical was all marked normal by our panel physician, it has been referred to the medical assessors so still haven't heard back about that yet.

There was also a hold up with my husbands emedical details being uploaded, so it's only been 4 working days since INZ received that. Obviously none of us can be granted until he is πŸ™‰.

Each day feels like 10!!! Hoping for news any day now.........🀞🏼🀞🏼
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Did you apply through the UK or UAE?

When my partner called yesterday they explained they are experiencing a back log where his application is being processed (in India I think). They advised to send a cover letter explaining the start date of his new job and that we really need ASAP, and to call back next week for an update...
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laura lou
Did you apply through the UK or UAE?

When my partner called yesterday they explained they are experiencing a back log where his application is being processed (in India I think). They advised to send a cover letter explaining the start date of his new job and that we really need ASAP, and to call back next week for an update...
UK, I was told last Monday to expect an update in 2-3 weeks, I'm just being really impatient.

The guy I spoke to at INZ did say that they were aware of my husbands start date so fingers crossed, we still have 6wks until we aim to fly to NZ (all going well).

Last edited by Scottishedo; Sep 13th 2017 at 5:20 am.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Update - both passports have now been returned from the processing centre PHEW!

We're 23 days in to the application and were informed yesterday my partners Talent visa has been approved in theory, and they just need to get an authorised scan of his second passport to issue the e-visa. All sounding very promising, and hoping to get both visas confirmed in the next week
Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Update: both visas now issued 23 days to go!
Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

πŸ‘ŒπŸ»