Suggestion about IQA Assessment

Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Parampreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestion about IQA Assessment

Hi,

My Masters degree is in "List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment" and it is given level 9. I am claiming 60 points for the Qualification in EOI. If my EOI is selected and while applying ITA if IQA assesses my qualification at lower level(say Level 8).
1. Will my application get rejected as I'm not able to meet my claims made in EOI?
2. My Bachelor degree is Bachelor of Computer Applications and it is not in the "List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment". Do i need to get my bachelor degree assessed to claim the points?
3. I am working as a Software engineer and I have more than 2 years of experience. My degree and Working experience are in the list of absolute skill shortage list. Do I need to meet certain criteria to claim bonus points?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestion about IQA Assessment

Are you a nurse or a software engineer?
Post by Parampreet
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:28 am
Just Joined

I am Software engineer. The question about nurse was asked by my wife from my account. Any suggestions about above questions?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:46 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think you need to call New Zealand immigration and get the matter of yours and your wives qualifications sorted by the people who know exactly what the level's would be for them and give you the points allotted for them at the same time
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I am Software engineer. The question about nurse was asked by my wife from my account. Any suggestions about above questions?
Ah, I wondered if that might be the case...

My Masters degree is in "List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment" and it is given level 9. I am claiming 60 points for the Qualification in EOI. If my EOI is selected and while applying ITA if IQA assesses my qualification at lower level(say Level 8).
You do not need to get it assessed if it is in that list so no need to get an IQA. That's the whole point of the list!

2. My Bachelor degree is Bachelor of Computer Applications and it is not in the "List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment". Do i need to get my bachelor degree assessed to claim the points?
?
Have a look at my answer to Qu.3!

3. I am working as a Software engineer and I have more than 2 years of experience. My degree and Working experience are in the list of absolute skill shortage list. Do I need to meet certain criteria to claim bonus points?
Yes you do, have a look here:Software engineer If you cannot meet these criteria then you cannot gain bonus points. Bonus points in an area of skills shortage will get you a better chance of being selected.

If your wife is a nurse then her profession is also on the LTSSL. Who gains most points and especially most bonus points as the principal candidate? It may be worth looking at trying both options to see which gives you more chance of selection.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply.

If your wife is a nurse then her profession is also on the LTSSL. Who gains most points and especially most bonus points as the principal candidate? It may be worth looking at trying both options to see which gives you more chance of selection.
1. Do my wife need to get registered in NZ before applying for the EOI or EOI can be applied with getting qualifications assessed by NZQA, i.e PAR?

2. If my wife is primary applicant our score becomes 130 points. Is it worth applying for EOI with 130. She gets 10 bouns points for 2 years work experience in absolute skill shortage?

Please guide. thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 2:47 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parampreet
Thanks for the reply.

1. Do my wife need to get registered in NZ before applying for the EOI or EOI can be applied with getting qualifications assessed by NZQA, i.e PAR?2. If my wife is primary applicant our score becomes 130 points. Is it worth applying for EOI with 130. She gets 10 bouns points for 2 years work experience in absolute skill shortage?

Please guide. thanks in advance.
Didn't you ask this already? <snip>
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745149

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 21st 2012 at 6:32 pm. Reason: Valid point but no need for the remark thanks.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

sahabib65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have to complete IQA as my university is not in the list. Already applied for PAR today. I have Graduation in elecrtical and electronic engineering engineering. After PAR I will for EOI. My question is, when is the right time to apply for IQA? I am worried if I submit IQA but EOI is not picked from pool (I have required 140 point) which is wastage of NZ$746. Please suggest when to apply for IQA.

Regards,
Habib