Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa birth certificate - translation needed?

Spouse visa birth certificate - translation needed?

Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

keewee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa birth certificate - translation needed?

Hi

We have got our visa application ready, my partner has her medical booked for fri and are waiting on our police certificates (we both need them). She is Spanish and I was wondering if anyone knows whether it needs to be translated or not? Also do I need to submit a certified copy of my birth certificate or is a copy of my passpoort ok? any idea on processing times in London?

Cheers

Keewee

Last edited by keewee; Nov 12th 2008 at 8:59 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:50 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spouse visa birth certificate - translation needed?

Originally Posted by keewee
Hi

We have got our visa application ready, my partner has her medical booked for fri and are waiting on our police certificates (we both need them). She is Spanish and I was wondering if anyone knows whether it needs to be translated or not? Also do I need to submit a certified copy of my birth certificate or is a copy of my passpoort ok? any idea on processing times in London?

Cheers

Keewee
Hiya Keewee,

When I applied (in April 2005), the Application for Residence in NZ paperwork stated that any documents not in English needed to be translated. I had my French birth cert and police checks translated just in case, as I din't really want to hold things up.

I submitted my passport and a copy of my full birth certificate and wasn't asked for any other documents. Sorry can't help on actual processing times but I'n sure someone will stop by this thread to help

Good luck,

Jen
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

keewee is an unknown quantity at this point

I managed to speak to INZ who confirmed I do. She is a language teacher and they will accept it being translated by a school so she just needs to have the head teacher do it on official letterhead.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Mr Peace is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

Sorry to hijack this tread but I have a query. My wife's birth certificate is Indian and we are in the UK. Does anybody know of a good official person who could translate her birth certificate to english for us. I will send in her passport certified copy with the ITA, however I am worried that the NZIS might come back and ask for her birth certificate. Are NZIS accepting a driving license instead as a proof of identification?

Regards

Peace