Skilled Migration Visa Question

Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

KazUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Migration Visa Question

Alright folks,

My profession, which is an archivist/records manager is currently not on the immediate job shortage skills list. It is still recognised as a skilled profession though

Does this mean i cannot apply via skilled migration visa?

If for example, i was to get a job with an accredited employer such as Auckland Council who can appoint overseas candidates, would i be allowed to move under skilled migration visa?

My current points total is 95. Would i get 50 points for a job offer from an accredited employer?

Or would i only be allowed to go under Work to Residency

Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Skilled Migration Visa Question

You can apply under the Skilled Migrant Category if you have enough points to do so. You will be aware that you won't be able to claim bonus points for an absolute shortage .
As you know your qualifications and work experience need to match your occupation and NZ job offer.

Auckland City Council is indeedy on the Accredited Employers list so they should be able to offer you the post without having to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen for that job.

Yes. A job offer is worth 50 points no matter who the employer is provided it is a genuine job offer and fits your quals and work exp. The rate of pay also needs to be within the labour market rate.

Several folk on here have come out on the WTR visa as they have had jobs with accredited employers . It has been felt that a WTR is processed quicker but maybe others can confirm that notion. Even if you came out on a WTR , there would be nothing to stop you applying for PR under the SMC once you are here and working.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

KazUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply

based on what you said, if an accredited employer can get someone from overseas, they dont have to prove there were no NZ citizens suitable beforehand?

I hope to go under Skilled Migration to get PR as soon as possible
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:27 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that is right. An accredited employer can offer employment to workers from outside New Zealand without having to prove that there are no suitably qualified New Zealanders available to do the job. So if you can get a job offer then you can send in your EOI with 145pts and start the process, or as BEVS said if you need to get there quicker then you may need to go under the WTR visa. You could also send in an EOI at the same time and save on costs like the medicals and so on and then get PR without having to wait 2 years.