Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Skilled migrant visa and reducing working hours

Skilled migrant visa and reducing working hours

Old Nov 12th 2018, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled migrant visa and reducing working hours

Hi there
Just wondering if you can help me. I am a registered nurse on a skilled migrant visa from UK originally. I have been working here full time 1.0 FTE since September 2017 and was fully granted my skilled migrant visa November 2017. I am still working at 1.0 FTE but I want to reduce my hours to 0.8 FTE. This would not affect my visa? I am still in the same job.
Hope someone can advise.
Many thanks.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 8:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled migrant visa and reducing working hours

any changes to the visa you came in on needs to be advised to Immigration.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

As Mrs F said inform your immigration officer but 0.8 is 32 hours so still acceptable as full time. I just dripped them an email when i changed ward and soent 3 nonths in a casual contract (still did 32 hra minimum) they didnt have a problem with it at all.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 2:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Hi there
Just wondering if you can help me. I am a registered nurse on a skilled migrant visa from UK originally. I have been working here full time 1.0 FTE since September 2017 and was fully granted my skilled migrant visa November 2017. I am still working at 1.0 FTE but I want to reduce my hours to 0.8 FTE. This would not affect my visa? I am still in the same job.
Hope someone can advise.
Many thanks.
I am unclear as to the visa.
You came on a Work to Residence.
Then applied for residency under the skilled migrant policy?
Old Nov 14th 2018, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

I think catlady did the same as me, came over on a takent visa and had the residency wirking away in the background
Old Nov 17th 2018, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any work condition on your visa ?

Have you previously fulfilled the condition and have applied to have the condition removed or can apply to have the condition removed ?

Unless there is a condition stated on your Skilled Migrant Resident Visa pertaining to work then you do not have to inform immigration of anything and should be free to do as you please.

When granted Skilled Migrant Resident Visa using a job offer, there is usually a condition attached to the visa that states you must take up that job offer within 3 months and remain in that job for up to 12 months. Normally after fulfilling any work condition you would inform Immigration who would then remove the condition thus allowing you to change job, hours, employer, work for yourself, not work at all.