skilled migrant

Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

TamaraK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default skilled migrant

Hi everyone,

I am Psychologist (I graduate last year and I have one year experience) and my husband is graduate senior businesses school and he has electrotechnical high school. We are from Serbia and we are planning to apply to skilled migrant visa, but we don`t have job offer from NZ and I think that is small chance to find one from here.
Can anyone tell us do we have any chance? And if there is some chance who is better to be principal applicant?

Thanks.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:08 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skilled migrant

http://www.psych-recruitment.com/

Try the organisation above. That's how we got our jobs. We were almost through the residency process at the point of job interviews however I don't think we would have had to have residency as I have a colleague who came over with WTR.

I came over into a job with the Department of Corrections. However, it was a different time (two years ago) and at the moment the Department don't appear to need to look internationally as the skills base is more evident here.

However, there are more organisations than just the Dept of Corrections so you never know.

Last edited by Tan0410; Jun 24th 2010 at 5:15 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I appreciate your help
I checked link and it seems interesting. I will keep on searching and definitely I will register on it.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

I registered

I am little bit confused about another thing...What does it mean "occupational registration"? On the immigration site under Requirements for the Skilled Migrant Category writes... "In certain fields of work, you will need to ensure you have occupational registration if you want to work in New Zealand. If you require registration and do not have it, you will be unable to work in your chosen occupation under the Skilled Migrant Category".

As psychologist I need to be registered.

So, if i luckily get job offer, am I automatically registered with the appropriate professional body or???

I am confused.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 3:03 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TamaraK
So, if i luckily get job offer, am I automatically registered with the appropriate professional body or???
No, not automatic. You will need to find out if there is a professional body you need to be registered with to practice and register with them seperately before you are issued with a visa and start work.

In my OH´s case (not psyc-related but other medical), she needed to register to practice before a job was offered.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks