Skilled Employment

Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Tentun will become famous soon enough
Default Skilled Employment

Does anyone know or can anyone guide me to a link that gets to the bottom of what actually constitutes skilled employment for an EOI.

I've read most of the notes on the EOI form and know that it needs to be related to your qualification or experience or offer of employment or a visa officer must be satisfied that it is skilled blah blah etc. But it doesn't really answer my question. I'd like to know if there is an actual list somewhere of the kinds of job titles that are acceptable for example I'm guessing that things like Engineer, Teacher etc are skilled but what about less skilled jobs like Payroll Administrators, Bookkeepers, Personal Assistants etc - where do you draw the line on what is skilled and what is not?

Thanks everyone
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:31 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Employment

Hi there Tentun. I was wondering exactly the same, and I found the answer on the online EOI application forms. Under the 'skilled employment' section (I think) you have to enter your job title, and profession.

To enter it you have to do a search, and when you search for stuff it comes up with the nearest to it. I just typed in 'recruitment consultant' and boom - there it was. Apparently 'Human resources consultant' would also have done the job.

Then do the same for the profession section, and you should be away.

See my post 'How long from EOI to ITA' in this forum - it has a little info on what NZ Immigration consider to be 'Skilled'. The terminology is pretty loose.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone else knows of a more direct approach or an actual published list...?

Good luck!