Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 7th 2012, 5:18 am
Just Joined

ennaibor_21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Hi,

For those who receive the unsuccessful email. Was the money deducted to your credit card? What is appearing on the Visa Homepage? Is it like this?

Visa Work Pending
Old May 7th 2012, 5:21 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Originally Posted by ennaibor_21
Hi,

For those who receive the unsuccessful email. Was the money deducted to your credit card? What is appearing on the Visa Homepage? Is it like this?

Visa Work Pending
the money has been deducted from my visa card... i have the same status - pending
Old May 7th 2012, 5:23 am
Just Joined

hlsales is an unknown quantity at this point

the transaction for my visa went through and the money had been deducted. It hasn't been refunded even though they told me on the phone today that I was not successful. my application status is 'application received'.

Originally Posted by ennaibor_21
Hi,

Visa Work Pending
Old May 7th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, at least they could issue for 6 months silver fern visa instead to those who are unfortunate for compensation.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:25 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Originally Posted by hlsales
the transaction for my visa went through and the money had been deducted. It hasn't been refunded even though they told me on the phone today that I was not successful. my application status is 'application received'.
hlsales at what time was ur application received?
Old May 7th 2012, 5:37 am
Just Joined

ennaibor_21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hlsales did you receive the unsuccessful letter or you just call NZ immigration?
Old May 7th 2012, 5:50 am
Just Joined

yuva is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone share the contact mail id of NZ Immigration.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:56 am
ajd
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yuva
Could anyone share the contact mail id of NZ Immigration.
[email protected], [email protected]
Old May 7th 2012, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't accept just refund. More constructive solution to the issue is strongly required !!! We also deserve the visa !
Old May 7th 2012, 6:18 am
ajd
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WayneChen
I can't accept just refund. More constructive solution to the issue is strongly required !!! We also deserve the visa !
this is rediculous making us a victim of a system error - what about them holding our money for so many days? you can imagine the interest they must be receiving for each day that they hold our money -
Old May 7th 2012, 6:19 am
Just Joined

ajd I received my email confirming my success at 10:27 NZ time, I had completed the online payment by 10:10.

ennibor_21 I received the email which stated that my application had been granted by mistake and that I would get a full refund.
Old May 7th 2012, 6:22 am
Just Joined

I know it is outrageous that they have had our money for the whole weekend.

I have emailed the NZ herald and asked if they can help - maybe you all could too. A friend of mine is looking in to the legality of it all - although I am sure legally they will be covered.
Old May 7th 2012, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

I know it is outrageous that they have had our money for the whole weekend.

I have emailed the NZ herald and asked if they can help - maybe you all could too. A friend of mine is looking in to the legality of it all - although I am sure legally they will be covered.
I really appreciate what you have done for this.

I got INZ email reply for my complaint.

Just the same thing, technical fault, quota was filled, refund........

But I think this can't solve our problems. How can they prove that we were out of quota ??? No detailed information till now. We certainly don't need those names within quota, but their payment time can be very helpful, especially the 300th guy.
Old May 7th 2012, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yoyoma
The website is updated today with the following statement:
"Due to a technical error with this year’s scheme, some people were able to pay for a Silver Fern Job Search visa even though all the places had already been taken. People whose payments were processed after the scheme had filled are not eligible to be granted a visa. They have been contacted by email and will receive a full refund. Additionally, some people reached the payment stage of the online application process but were prevented from making their payment because the scheme was full. We apologise for any confusion these issues have caused. The scheme will open again on 27 April 2013. "

This time they included the case for those whose payment went successfully.....But up till now, I have not seen my application page status changed....Still application received and payment received with visa decision=Pending
I just saw that, crafty buggers are covering themselves legally at all angles now. The payment accepted bit wasn't there on Saturday morning when I posted it on here. I think I am going to have to find a solicitor who is willing to take on the case on a pro-bono basis because, I am sure there is a way to trip them up
Old May 7th 2012, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Teddykgb
I just saw that, crafty buggers are covering themselves legally at all angles now. The payment accepted bit wasn't there on Saturday morning when I posted it on here. I think I am going to have to find a solicitor who is willing to take on the case on a pro-bono basis because, I am sure there is a way to trip them up
I already sent them two letters and called them twice....

I wish some different things can happen....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.