Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ajibodu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Originally Posted by aiki
I guess, if your qualification is listed here:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...gistration.htm

Then you need to get registered.

Otherwise, you can go on with the application.
Correct me if I am wrong

Since I am engineer, I don't need that registration, right?
Yes, aiki am Civil Engineer and my Visa as been approved yesterday.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:04 pm
Drugist

MAHARLIKA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Originally Posted by aiki
I am sorry to hear it.
But I don't fully understand, why you need to be registered with NZ registration body? Because your university degree is not recognized by NZQA?
Nope. My school is exempted for the assessment by NZQA. but i have to show that i can obtain a registration from pharmacy council since i am a pharmacist.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:12 pm
Drugist

Originally Posted by Ajibodu
What is your field of occupation ?
I am a pharmacist. It needs a registration requirement in nz pharmac council. What i feel bad is that i provided assessment report from PITO a setting body for pharmacy technician. It is stated in the report that my pharmacist qualification can be equivalent to nz pharmacy technician. However they still dont accept it bcoz their looking for pharmacist qualification and not for pharmtech.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,

My passport will expire on 2nd december 2012...should i send this passport to immigration newzealand when submitting the document..or should i extend validity and then send the new passport to immigration office,....
Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Tamil23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunshine
please Renew your passport ASAP
your passport should be valid for more than 3 months from your extended stay in NZ
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:28 am
Drugist

Hi Guys,

Need a piece of advise. Do you think I can make complaint to the immigration officer who handled my application? All of us is given a 3 months period to comply for the requirements of this type of visa. I submitted my documents last June 13 and it was lodged June 15 in online status. The decision was made for just 2 working days, since june 16 and 17 is nonworking days for immigration.. I receiced the returned documents June 2o, with the letter of decision. I feel bad because I dont receive any calls or emails from my officer that I'm lacking 1 requirement. They just give an outright decision so quickly without giving me a chance to give such additional requirement.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:51 am
Just Joined

maydayshay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MAHARLIKA
Hi Guys,

Need a piece of advise. Do you think I can make complaint to the immigration officer who handled my application? All of us is given a 3 months period to comply for the requirements of this type of visa. I submitted my documents last June 13 and it was lodged June 15 in online status. The decision was made for just 2 working days, since june 16 and 17 is nonworking days for immigration.. I receiced the returned documents June 2o, with the letter of decision. I feel bad because I dont receive any calls or emails from my officer that I'm lacking 1 requirement. They just give an outright decision so quickly without giving me a chance to give such additional requirement.
Mahrlika
To which branch you have sent your documents? I think sending an email to Department of Labour can help you to get more information about disapproval.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:17 am
Drugist

Originally Posted by maydayshay
Mahrlika
To which branch you have sent your documents? I think sending an email to Department of Labour can help you to get more information about disapproval.
Manila Branch, Philippines.

Do you know the email for the Dept. of Labour?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:21 am
Just Joined

maydayshay is an unknown quantity at this point

Manila Branch, Philippines.

Do you know the email for the Dept. of Labour?
Check what you can find in this page:
http://dol.govt.nz/contact/index.asp
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Upset13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tamil23
Sunshine
please Renew your passport ASAP
your passport should be valid for more than 3 months from your extended stay in NZ
true! get a new pass asap!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

they accepted 603 apps, they will use anything to reject us.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:01 am
Drugist

Originally Posted by Upset13
they accepted 603 apps, they will use anything to reject us.
You're right! I know by now that I was given false hope. Better luck next time. Hope you guys get a lenient officer.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:09 am
Drugist

I'm from Philippines, I lodged it in Manila Branch. Actually, my Filipino qualification is Pharmacist, my university is listed in the exempt for NZQA assessment. So there's no problem with that. What I don't complied is WL2.15.b as indicated in the report. Please see link http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42661.htm

I know the policy that such profession requires NZ registration. Honestly, I don't have this registration in NZ Pharmacy Council. Instead I have an assessment in PITO another NZ registration body, this is for Pharmacy Technician. They assessed my Filipino qualification and the result is good. It states that my qualification is equivalent to Pharmacy Technician (level 5) and I can obtain the National Certificate after undergoing thru their Recognition Prior Learning Programme.

So in connection to that WL2.15b requirement, I included this report of assessment in my application and a certificate of employment as Pharmacist for 3 years. However, the immigration officer don't honor this documents. Instead, it says in the SFV report that I need to be registered in NZ as Pharmacist.

I'm trying to show in my application is that even though I am a Pharmacist here in the Philippines, I am planning to work as Pharmacy Technician in New Zealand since I am qualified base on the report of PITO.

Sadly, I was not given a fair chance to provide more details. They don't call me for interview or even emailed me to request additional documents. It's like they just they trashed my application instantly. Hope it won't happen to others inspiring to work in NZ.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

You're right! I know by now that I was given false hope. Better luck next time. Hope you guys get a lenient officer.
yes! don't loose hope. until next ys quoata u have pleanty of time to perfect your docs and search the local job market. important is to see the positive in every situation.

good luck mate!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ajibodu is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from Philippines, I lodged it in Manila Branch. Actually, my Filipino qualification is Pharmacist, my university is listed in the exempt for NZQA assessment. So there's no problem with that. What I don't complied is WL2.15.b as indicated in the report. Please see link http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42661.htm

I know the policy that such profession requires NZ registration. Honestly, I don't have this registration in NZ Pharmacy Council. Instead I have an assessment in PITO another NZ registration body, this is for Pharmacy Technician. They assessed my Filipino qualification and the result is good. It states that my qualification is equivalent to Pharmacy Technician (level 5) and I can obtain the National Certificate after undergoing thru their Recognition Prior Learning Programme.

So in connection to that WL2.15b requirement, I included this report of assessment in my application and a certificate of employment as Pharmacist for 3 years. However, the immigration officer don't honor this documents. Instead, it says in the SFV report that I need to be registered in NZ as Pharmacist.

I'm trying to show in my application is that even though I am a Pharmacist here in the Philippines, I am planning to work as Pharmacy Technician in New Zealand since I am qualified base on the report of PITO.

Sadly, I was not given a fair chance to provide more details. They don't call me for interview or even emailed me to request additional documents. It's like they just they trashed my application instantly. Hope it won't happen to others inspiring to work in NZ.
Mate put more effort and don't lose hope. My Visa was approved without interview or call, Regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.