Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 7th 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

I was able to go to the payment page at 10:02 AM NZ time but the payment process took a long time (page had to be reloaded twice) and eventually I could submit the money only at 10:10 AM . My application number is 007 and receipt no is 1601.

Originally Posted by Maryam90
yes my friend also has application number in between mine n yours n he is also through...
Old May 7th 2012, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ajibodu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WayneChen
I know two applicants, who have not received "sadness" mail till now, have application number just between us !
Yeah mate have not receive any e-mail, may be reject or receive and i called London branch i was told i should not worry before mid-week i we receive the e-mail

ank you for your email.

I have just spoken to the Technical Adviser in the team who processes Silver Fern applications and he told me that you should receive an email which tells you what you need to send to us in London. This may take a few days if you have only just applied. Do not worry if it hasn't come through by now, but please let me know if you do not receive this email by mid next week.

When you receive the email, there may be a lot of documents on your residence application that we can use again (such as medical and police certificate), so if you can contact me when you receive the email, I will help coordinate that for you.

Please let me know if you have any queries and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Old May 7th 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ajibodu is an unknown quantity at this point

This was an e-mail i receive from INZ london branch

I have just spoken to the Technical Adviser in the team who processes Silver Fern applications and he told me that you should receive an email which tells you what you need to send to us in London. This may take a few days if you have only just applied. Do not worry if it hasn't come through by now, but please let me know if you do not receive this email by mid next week.

When you receive the email, there may be a lot of documents on your residence application that we can use again (such as medical and police certificate), so if you can contact me when you receive the email, I will help coordinate that for you.

Please let me know if you have any queries and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Old May 7th 2012, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point

The point I am making is, either way, they will still consider our applications as an excess over flow so receipt numbers, queue numbers don't matter. What we actually got to do is throw the ball back at their court and blame it on the glitch. In my case I could have completed the application in less than 2 minutes but the system took its time to load hence delaying the actual submission from when the session was first initiated. My argument is, if the quota was full why wasn't we timed out like many others before payment. The fact that the payment was processed we SHOULD be put through like the rest because the system was unfit and therefore produced inconsistent results. This is what we need to put forward to them as opposed to absurd queue and invoice numbers.
Old May 7th 2012, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tommyhoney
I was able to go to the payment page at 10:02 AM NZ time but the payment process took a long time (page had to be reloaded twice) and eventually I could submit the money only at 10:10 AM . My application number is 007 and receipt no is 1601.
So selection is based on receipt number ?
Old May 7th 2012, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like application number can’t help in concluding any information... It’s the receipt number that matters and seems like it’s not just 80 applicants there are more than 300…
So INZ is having more than 60K$ for no reason from last 4 days..
Old May 7th 2012, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Teddykgb
The point I am making is, either way, they will still consider our applications as an excess over flow so receipt numbers, queue numbers don't matter. What we actually got to do is throw the ball back at their court and blame it on the glitch. In my case I could have completed the application in less than 2 minutes but the system took its time to load hence delaying the actual submission from when the session was first initiated. My argument is, if the quota was full why wasn't we timed out like many others before payment. The fact that the payment was processed we SHOULD be put through like the rest because the system was unfit and therefore produced inconsistent results. This is what we need to put forward to them as opposed to absurd queue and invoice numbers.
You are right !
Old May 7th 2012, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Teddykgb
I second your point … but somebody got through at 10.10 is disrupting ...

Last edited by Maryam90; May 7th 2012 at 12:41 pm.
Old May 7th 2012, 1:09 pm
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

tommy did you receive a error msg. even i paid at 10:10 and my receipt no. 15XX....
Old May 7th 2012, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I got the error mail next day. I had tried sending the payment twice after entering credit card details and each time the next page was not loaded. On my third attempt i was able to make the payment successfully though. Anyway I lost 8 precious minutes for just making the payment.

Originally Posted by ajd
tommy did you receive a error msg. even i paid at 10:10 and my receipt no. 15XX....

Last edited by tommyhoney; May 7th 2012 at 1:28 pm.
Old May 7th 2012, 2:15 pm
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Yes I got the error mail next day. I had tried sending the payment twice after entering credit card details and each time the next page was not loaded. On my third attempt i was able to make the payment successfully though. Anyway I lost 8 precious minutes for just making the payment.
I think i had a similar experience....
Old May 7th 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

CoopsDeVille is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.

I do apologise for this issue we had been assured that the fault was fixed however now the following applies:

Firstly if you did not manage to get an application submitted and paid for you have definitely missed out on this year's quota and should try again next year.
The quota will re open on the 27/04/2013.

Some clients managed to hit submit and pay for their applications however 700 people managed to do this and we only have 300 places available therefore if this is your situation you will be notified shortly if you were successfull or not.

Please contact us if you require further assistance.

Kind regards
Old May 7th 2012, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoopsDeVille
Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.

I do apologise for this issue we had been assured that the fault was fixed however now the following applies:

Firstly if you did not manage to get an application submitted and paid for you have definitely missed out on this year's quota and should try again next year.
The quota will re open on the 27/04/2013.

Some clients managed to hit submit and pay for their applications however 700 people managed to do this and we only have 300 places available therefore if this is your situation you will be notified shortly if you were successfull or not.

Please contact us if you require further assistance.

Kind regards

I have put in a complaint to the NZ Office of Ombudsmen, and have now found that the NZ Minister of Immigration has his own website with email contacts, so may well drop him a quick note. His name is Nathan Guy....
Old May 7th 2012, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

jundan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aiki
Yeah, I agree with your opinion.
Well, I am unfortunately a little bit too old to get WHV
BTW being on WHV can you work as skilled worker (e.g. software developer)?
Because from the immigration website, it is written that the main point is holiday but you are allowed to work. I don't really understand what does it mean Does it mean that one can only work part time?

I also read from somewhere that one can only be in NZ for maximum 12 months when he/she is on WHZ? In this case how can he/she apply for residency?

BTW, do you secure a place in 2012 silver fern visa, Jundan?
I think that with the WHV there are 2 options - 12 months or 23 months but you can only actually do work for 12 months max in either option (so with the 23 months you could spend max 12months working and 11 months holidaying... I think you can do any kind of work, I haven't seen anything on the official NZ immigration to suggest otherwise.

Yes thankfully I was sucessful in securing silver fern.. just need to pull my evidence together and get it sent off asap as I need my passport back for a weekend away in August!
Old May 7th 2012, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

hazzik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beanaleena
I have put in a complaint to the NZ Office of Ombudsmen, and have now found that the NZ Minister of Immigration has his own website with email contacts, so may well drop him a quick note. His name is Nathan Guy....
I think that we should write a public letter to NZ Minister of Immigration and run a simple website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.