Retirement

Old Jun 25th 2016, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Retirement

Not sure where to start, apologies if it appears as a ramble!!

Does NZ welcome retirees and if so is there an application process for this category? Or is this an application under ''general''?

Neither myself or my wife are working as we are of self sufficient means with a combination of formal pensions and investments. The investments drive a far higher figure than the pensions.

We have two children of primary school age. My wife will have to pass IELTS, not an issue. My self and the children are British passport holders.

I apologies if this is already covered. I did look and could not see anything specific for those NOT seeking work.

Thank You
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement

Originally Posted by mikemike
Not sure where to start, apologies if it appears as a ramble!!

Does NZ welcome retirees and if so is there an application process for this category? Or is this an application under ''general''?

Neither myself or my wife are working as we are of self sufficient means with a combination of formal pensions and investments. The investments drive a far higher figure than the pensions.

We have two children of primary school age. My wife will have to pass IELTS, not an issue. My self and the children are British passport holders.

I apologies if this is already covered. I did look and could not see anything specific for those NOT seeking work.

Thank You
Not really - and I'm assuming you wish to come and live here permanently.

There are only two categories via the family stream and both rely on you having adult children already in NZ who are at least Resident status. They are required to support your application and in one of the cases, act as a sponsor. You also cannot have any dependent children in either of these, so it seems neither of those routes would be available for you.

This leaves your only option to be the Investor route. You can bring a partner and dependent children on these visas.
Two options this way....investor 2 route is $2.5 million over 4 years or investor 1 route $10 million over 3 years. I'd say investor 2 is out as you have to be an experienced business person and would have to submit a sound business case for opening or transferring an already proven business investment opportunity in to NZ.
Investor 1 seems your only option if you have that kind of money to invest.

There is a temporary retirement visitor visa for up to 2 years but again it doesn't allow dependent children, only partners like the other retirement categories.

NZ are only really interested in accepting people in to the country that are well educated and well skilled, especially in occupations where the country falls short of the skill set - see the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL). This is to ensure the country continues to grow ans prosper.
If an applicant isn't coming here to work and assist the country in it's long term goal then Immigration aren't going to allow entry unless that applicant is willing to invest huge amounts of $'s into the country over a minimum fixed period which is what the retirement and investor categories cater for.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz

There are only two categories via the family stream and both rely on you having adult children already in NZ who are at least Resident status. They are required to support your application and in one of the cases, act as a sponsor. You also cannot have any dependent children in either of these, so it seems neither of those routes would be available for you.

This leaves your only option to be the Investor route. You can bring a partner and dependent children on these visas.
Two options this way....investor 2 route is $2.5 million over 4 years or investor 1 route $10 million over 3 years. I'd say investor 2 is out as you have to be an experienced business person and would have to submit a sound business case for opening or transferring an already proven business investment opportunity in to NZ.

There is a temporary retirement visitor visa for up to 2 years but again it doesn't allow dependent children, only partners like the other retirement categories.

NZ are only really interested in accepting people in to the country that are well educated and well skilled, especially in occupations where the country falls short of the skill set - see the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL). This is to ensure the country continues to grow ans prosper.
If an applicant isn't coming here to work and assist the country in it's long term goal then Immigration aren't going to allow entry unless that applicant is willing to invest huge amounts of $'s into the country over a minimum fixed period which is what the retirement and investor categories cater for.
thanks for the response

It does look like we are not going to meet requirements, as we do not need to work to support ourselves or have a need to be supported. We are fully financially independent which I understand is not a recognised category for new Zealand, fair enough.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by escapedtonz

thanks for the response

It does look like we are not going to meet requirements, as we do not need to work to support ourselves or have a need to be supported. We are fully financially independent which I understand is not a recognised category for new Zealand, fair enough. A very experienced business person which is why we are fully financially independent.