Residency Visa Travel Restrictions

Old Apr 20th 2015, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Graham798 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residency Visa Travel Restrictions

Hi

We currently have Residency Visas which were issued with Sct49 and travel restrictions, we have fulfilled the Sct 49 and my understanding is that we need to be in NZ for more than six months each of the first two years and then we can apply for the travel restrictions to be removed. My question is once we have completed the second six months can we request the removal of the restrictions and return to the UK ?(we need to sort the house and other matters before we can make the permanent move over) or do we need to wait two years before we can request the removal of the travel restrictions?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:43 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency Visa Travel Restrictions

you need to wait the 2 years as I believe it is the full amount of time over the 24mths.
Requirements for a permanent resident visa

"Commitment to New Zealand criteria
1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand
You have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding your permanent resident visa application. You do not have to provide any extra evidence, other than your passport(s).
2. You have tax residence status
You have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 41 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding your permanent resident visa application, and you are assessed by Inland Revenue (IR) as holding tax residence status for the two years preceding your application for a permanent resident visa. You must include evidence of your tax residence status with your application. Acceptable evidence includes:
a statement from IR for the period for which you have been assessed as having tax residence status, or
the INZ form Confirmation of Tax Resident Status (INZ 1006) completed and endorsed by IR."