Request to Waiver

Old May 14th 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request to Waiver

Originally Posted by Stoof
BEVS - thanks for the link to the RRB - this was my task for tonight!

i've just spent my short lunch break having a quick squizz at appeals under family cat for 'sponsor not eligible due to not residing for 3 years at time of application' found a few (in fact, 24 pages!!) - links here for the most recent

http://www.residencereviewboard.govt...Family+(Parent)

there are loads of Centre of Gravity appeals on there too, for those of you with COG issues!

given that all our personal circumstances are so different, i think it would definitely be worthwhile having a look at the RRB site BEVS has linked to - there are explanations on there about how to search for decisions etc - the links above are just to the abstacts, but there are full decisions there too - very useful!

worth a look Simon i think before deciding whether to try an early application or leave it until next year! (a proper review of these decisions will be on my (ever lengthening!) list of things to do in the next few months)
Thanks for that Jen... it does make for encouraging reading...
Old May 14th 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Hi Simon

I and my husband have just visited New Zealand House in London in March 2009 and handed in our application for a Parent Visa. Our son is sponsoring us as he has been a resident in New Zealand for OVER 3 years. We have two children and our daughter is also a resident living in New Zealand. So 100% of our next of kin are living in New Zealand as residents.

A week later we received a letter from New Zealand Immigration in London which basically said that it could take up to 2 years before we are allocated a Visa Officer and then a further 4 to 6 months before a decision is made. These Visa's are given low priority.

We were very 'down' as like your Mum - we want to be with our two children and our grandchildren in New Zealand not in England. WE want to support them, look after our grandchildren etc., just like your Mum does. We are just WAITING!!!! Our life is on 'hold' and we are just counting the months/years before we hear anything.

I know of another couple, also living in the UK who are in the same boat as us and they are in their early 80's and as someone else said on this post, your health does not get any better as you get older. The medical is very strict and I was recalled back for one of my blood tests, we both lost nearly 3stone in weight before we had our medicals (we had a long time to do this as we have been planning our application for quite some time). My waist measurement was 1cm too big so I had to have an extra blood test!!

I did ask at New Zealand House how our medicals and Police Checks could possibly be accurate if our application is not looked at for 2 years and they said "it would be" - this seems really odd to us. Who knows what things you could develop unknowingly in two years?

We have never heard of this 'Waiver' if you find out what it is - we would be very interested to hear. It is not in any literature that we can find. They just told us that these applications are taken in strict application order. Surely all people applying for Parent Visas would apply for this Waiver if they knew how to get it?

The other couple in their 80's also got the same standard letter as we did and there is no mention of a 'Waiver' in this letter.

Paula
That's unbelieveable... This would suggest you may as well submit your sponsoring application after only being in the country for 6 months, if it's going to take 2 1/2 years to process and return...
Old May 14th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Even their website is vague... for processing times...

How long will it take?
The time it will take for us to process your application can vary depending on:

•the requirements of the immigration policy you are applying under
•the completeness of your application
•how easily we can check the information you provide
•how well and how quickly you respond to any concerns we raise with you.

Processing times can also vary between offices. When we accept your application we will either give you a decision or tell you within 14 days how long the processing time is predicted to be.

The amount of verification your application requires can affect the amount of time it takes to process your application. Applications that require the most verification, for example work permit or residence applications, typically take the longest to process.

We may find that you need to provide us with further information before we can make a decision on your application, which will also add to the processing time.

Below are some tips that can help the application process.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

My inlaws are here on a work visa at the mo and spoke to the agency that dealt with their original visa in 2007, regarding us sponsoring them.

They are quoting 18 months at the mo for Parents PR to be processed in Christchurch and they will NOT look at any applications until we have reached the 3 year mark ( another 10 months away)

Seems to be different advise coming from different offices at the mo
Old May 15th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Request to Waiver

Hello again

We were told that you must not hand in your Parent Visa application until the person who is sponsoring you has been a resident for at least 3 years. If you hand it in a day earlier that the 3 years date (going backwards) that is stamped in the sponsors passport - your application and everything in it will be rejected and sent back to you. They do not hold it until the sponsor has been a resident in New Zealand for the allotted 3 years.

Our son has been living in New Zealand for more than 5 years (married to a Kiwi) - but he could not sponsor us until he had a resident visa in his passport) he went in on a spouse visa which is not the same thing. Unfortunately he didn't realise that he could have applied for this visa a bit earlier than he did and this has pushed the time further back for us as we had to wait the 3 years.

As far as we are aware, all the paperwork they ask for is in the application - but to take up to 2 years to even open the file seems very strange with a straight forward application - are they cutting back on their staff I wonder in this economic climate?

Paula