Question about medical and asthma

Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about medical and asthma

Hi

We are due to have our medicals in 3 weeks time. My 13yr old DD has mild asthma which is exacerbated when she gets a cold.

Will the panel doctor require a report from our GP, who has seen her once in 5 years?

Thanks
Maria
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Re: Question about medical and asthma

Hi Maria

We had our meds in may, hubby has mild asthma he declared it and the meds he takes altho he's not had any probs since a child, and our doc never mentioned it, altho we are in the process of waiting for a c/o.
Good luck
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

vicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

My hubby also has asthma which is moderatly severe but hasn't had an attack in years as he is strict with taking his meds daily and we were told by doctor doing medical it wasn't a problem. Certificates were fine and Immigration didn't raise any problems / queries about it.... we now have PR so it wasn't an issue!!

Hope that helps
V
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:15 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maria
just wanted to wish you good luck for your medicals ..... really dreading mine (not booked yet) havn't got any major issues that I know of (yet!) its the unknown I'm worried about!hopefully they will allow for 'white coat syndrome bp!!

where have you booked?
best wishes, keep us posted B x
Old Jul 10th 2009, 10:31 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest not to mention the asthma issue when you do your medicals...

How else can they know you have asthma unless you tell them?

I wasnt planning on telling them about my kydney op, but they saw the scarf!!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
I would suggest not to mention the asthma issue when you do your medicals...

How else can they know you have asthma unless you tell them?

I wasnt planning on telling them about my kydney op, but they saw the scarf!!
Oh you naughty Frenchly person...lol...the thought has crossed my mind but I wondered if on the day he might just hear a slight wheeze when he listens to her chest. It would appear that it isn't a prob anyway so I will declare it to be on the safe side.
x
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Hi Maria

We had our meds in may, hubby has mild asthma he declared it and the meds he takes altho he's not had any probs since a child, and our doc never mentioned it, altho we are in the process of waiting for a c/o.
Good luck
Hi Mudplug

Thank you for helping to put my mind at ease. Good Luck with your application
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:15 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Oh you naughty Frenchly person...lol...the thought has crossed my mind but I wondered if on the day he might just hear a slight wheeze when he listens to her chest. It would appear that it isn't a prob anyway so I will declare it to be on the safe side.
x
You're such a good girl!!

All the best
xxx
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:17 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Hi Mudplug

Thank you for helping to put my mind at ease. Good Luck with your application
Hi Numptyhead - just to make you aware, NZ does have one of the highest rates of asthma in the Western World. Having said that, our 10 year old son has it, and his has improved where we are. But then we are, on the whole, in a warm, sunny environment - not today it's freezing! If he gets a tight chest we find a day in Rotorua making him breath in the sulpherous vapour seems to clear it. Strange but true!

The medicals are to establish whether a migrant to the country is going to be a drain on the resources. If your daughter has not seen her GP for 5 years because of it she should be ok. Does she get repeat prescriptions for her puffers though during that time?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vicejw
Hi

My hubby also has asthma which is moderatly severe but hasn't had an attack in years as he is strict with taking his meds daily and we were told by doctor doing medical it wasn't a problem. Certificates were fine and Immigration didn't raise any problems / queries about it.... we now have PR so it wasn't an issue!!

Hope that helps
V
Hi V

Thanks so much for the info. Feel so much better now. Congrats on PR...wow it must feel so good to write that.....
Maria
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

You're such a good girl!!xxx
You talking about me ....
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Numptyhead - just to make you aware, NZ does have one of the highest rates of asthma in the Western World. Having said that, our 10 year old son has it, and his has improved where we are. But then we are, on the whole, in a warm, sunny environment - not today it's freezing! If he gets a tight chest we find a day in Rotorua making him breath in the sulpherous vapour seems to clear it. Strange but true!

The medicals are to establish whether a migrant to the country is going to be a drain on the resources. If your daughter has not seen her GP for 5 years because of it she should be ok. Does she get repeat prescriptions for her puffers though during that time?
Hi Loolah...I love your avatar... with the nonchalant half a back side hanging out. Must find something better than my bingo wing arms and 4 puppies.

Anyway I digress....no she doesn't get regular prescriptions. Just had to see GP last year for a script cos old puffer was out of date and she had a bad cold. Has used it a few times since though.

It was teenage girl flu so very bad

The stinky steamy vapour will do him the world of good...open his airways. Just like a saline nebuliser often given in hospital without any salbutamol added.

Yeah I did know about NZ asthma rates being high but not that it has the highest rate in the Western World. Could be the damp and mould spores
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

You're such a good girl!!

All the best
xxx
Oh...ain't that the truth.....NOT!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 children both have asthma which is sometimes worse during the winter months both there medicals were passed hope this helps.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
My 2 children both have asthma which is sometimes worse during the winter months both there medicals were passed hope this helps.
Thats wonderful news Moo. Thank you so much for letting me know.

Medicals not till the 28th. Daughter was sitting by me yesterday and I noticed a slight wheeze....would you believe it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.