Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Question about 3 month visit - how soon can I go back?

Question about 3 month visit - how soon can I go back?

Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:59 am
Just Joined

oliveskinlover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about 3 month visit - how soon can I go back?

I have been reading on the NZ immigration web site - I do not need a visa to visit for three months. I presume that I then have to leave the country for a period of time - how long? If I am not on a visitor visa (nine months), then does the restriction of being gone for as long as you were visiting apply?

I hope I'm being clear - I'm a little confused myself. But basically, I want to know, if I visit NZ for three months without a visa, does the "equal time out of the country" rule apply? Or could I go out of the country for a few days and then return for another three months? And on and on?

Any and all help will be appreciated! I can't seem to wrap my brain around the answers on their site...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:51 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about 3 month visit - how soon can I go back?

Where are you from? It makes a big difference. UK visitors get 6 months on arrival 'visa free'.

Returning after a short time out will likely be scrutinised but if you have a genuine reason and money in the bank to support yourself they may allow it.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:07 am
Just Joined

oliveskinlover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about 3 month visit - how soon can I go back?

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I am an American citizen so I know that a three month visit is allowed with no VISA. I know that I can also stay longer if I want, but then it seems like I have to leave for the same amount of time. The way I'm reading it is, if I'm just there as a visitor for less than three months, I can leave the country and then come back without having the "equal time out of the country" requirement. Am I wrong on this?