Qualification Assessment & ITA

Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default Qualification Assessment & ITA

My qualifications are currently being assessed by the NZQA as required in my ITA.

The sheet contained within my ITA states that my qualification must be assessed at Level 5+.

Has anyone had their qualifications assessed at a lower level than stated in the ITA? If so, what was the outcome?

Cheers,

Paul.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: Qualification Assessment & ITA

Originally Posted by ptbrophy
My qualifications are currently being assessed by the NZQA as required in my ITA.

The sheet contained within my ITA states that my qualification must be assessed at Level 5+.

Has anyone had their qualifications assessed at a lower level than stated in the ITA? If so, what was the outcome?

Cheers,

Paul.
I too am having mine asssessed and need to be Level 7+. Have you had a pre-assessment (PAR) done? If so was the outcome above Level 5?. If so then you should be OK. My pre-assessment gave Level 8 so I'm fairly optimistic but holding my breath none the less!

I'm assuming that if NZQA give a level less than that required then you may have a problem but someone else on here may be better informed.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
I too am having mine asssessed and need to be Level 7+. Have you had a pre-assessment (PAR) done? If so was the outcome above Level 5?. If so then you should be OK. My pre-assessment gave Level 8 so I'm fairly optimistic but holding my breath none the less!

I'm assuming that if NZQA give a level less than that required then you may have a problem but someone else on here may be better informed.
My PAR came back at Level 5. I hope that it means my full assessment will come back at Level 5.

Did anyone else notice the recent change in time scales from the NZQA? I applied when it said fast track was 10 working days (with normal at 20) but it has now changed to 20 for fast track and 35/37 for normal!

My medical is booked for 4 weeks time so both results are due back together!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

beater is an unknown quantity at this point

I expect that I if I get an ITA, I will also be required to do the NZQA assesment. What keeps me awake at night is how much emphasis is placed purely on your formal qualifications and how much on actual work experience. Its been more than 25 years since I've done a diploma course in electronic engineering. In the meantime I worked in the industry all this time and gained a huge amount of work experience. But I fear that when NZQA will assess my qualification they take only the diploma into account or does my work experience also count towards the Level grading? Any comments from people who were in the same situation?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by beater
I expect that I if I get an ITA, I will also be required to do the NZQA assesment. What keeps me awake at night is how much emphasis is placed purely on your formal qualifications and how much on actual work experience. Its been more than 25 years since I've done a diploma course in electronic engineering. In the meantime I worked in the industry all this time and gained a huge amount of work experience. But I fear that when NZQA will assess my qualification they take only the diploma into account or does my work experience also count towards the Level grading? Any comments from people who were in the same situation?
The full assessment also includes work references so they do take those into account also but I suspect that the assesement is weighted in favour of actual qualifications