Qualification Assessment & ITA

Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:26 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ptbrophy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Posts: 77
ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default Qualification Assessment & ITA

My qualifications are currently being assessed by the NZQA as required in my ITA.

The sheet contained within my ITA states that my qualification must be assessed at Level 5+.

Has anyone had their qualifications assessed at a lower level than stated in the ITA? If so, what was the outcome?

Cheers,

Paul.
ptbrophy is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:42 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: Qualification Assessment & ITA

Originally Posted by ptbrophy View Post
My qualifications are currently being assessed by the NZQA as required in my ITA.

The sheet contained within my ITA states that my qualification must be assessed at Level 5+.

Has anyone had their qualifications assessed at a lower level than stated in the ITA? If so, what was the outcome?

Cheers,

Paul.
I too am having mine asssessed and need to be Level 7+. Have you had a pre-assessment (PAR) done? If so was the outcome above Level 5?. If so then you should be OK. My pre-assessment gave Level 8 so I'm fairly optimistic but holding my breath none the less!

I'm assuming that if NZQA give a level less than that required then you may have a problem but someone else on here may be better informed.
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:51 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ptbrophy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Posts: 77
ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Qualification Assessment & ITA

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
I too am having mine asssessed and need to be Level 7+. Have you had a pre-assessment (PAR) done? If so was the outcome above Level 5?. If so then you should be OK. My pre-assessment gave Level 8 so I'm fairly optimistic but holding my breath none the less!

I'm assuming that if NZQA give a level less than that required then you may have a problem but someone else on here may be better informed.
My PAR came back at Level 5. I hope that it means my full assessment will come back at Level 5.

Did anyone else notice the recent change in time scales from the NZQA? I applied when it said fast track was 10 working days (with normal at 20) but it has now changed to 20 for fast track and 35/37 for normal!

My medical is booked for 4 weeks time so both results are due back together!
ptbrophy is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:00 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 15
beater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qualification Assessment & ITA

I expect that I if I get an ITA, I will also be required to do the NZQA assesment. What keeps me awake at night is how much emphasis is placed purely on your formal qualifications and how much on actual work experience. Its been more than 25 years since I've done a diploma course in electronic engineering. In the meantime I worked in the industry all this time and gained a huge amount of work experience. But I fear that when NZQA will assess my qualification they take only the diploma into account or does my work experience also count towards the Level grading? Any comments from people who were in the same situation?
beater is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:46 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: Qualification Assessment & ITA

Originally Posted by beater View Post
I expect that I if I get an ITA, I will also be required to do the NZQA assesment. What keeps me awake at night is how much emphasis is placed purely on your formal qualifications and how much on actual work experience. Its been more than 25 years since I've done a diploma course in electronic engineering. In the meantime I worked in the industry all this time and gained a huge amount of work experience. But I fear that when NZQA will assess my qualification they take only the diploma into account or does my work experience also count towards the Level grading? Any comments from people who were in the same situation?
The full assessment also includes work references so they do take those into account also but I suspect that the assesement is weighted in favour of actual qualifications
Rock Ape is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.