proof of partnership

Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice
Default proof of partnership

I'm in a bit of a predicament - My partner and I have been together for 12 years, we have a 10 year old daughter together. The problem is I've been in a rented property since just after the little one was born and my partner owns a separate property. The owned property was meant to be an investment, not a family home and is used as a glorified bike workshop (he builds mountain bikes and there is just not enough room in the family house for us and the bikes!). So he runs the owned property - mortagage, bills, his post goes there and I run the rented property (everthing there is in my name) the only thing that is in both our names is our daughters birth certificate and our grocery online bill (but that gets wiped every time a new one goes in). So how do I proove that we are together? Will our daughter be enough for the visa bods as they ask for proof of living together aswell and we just dont have it

Any ideas? Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of partnership

Originally Posted by thepinkone
I'm in a bit of a predicament - My partner and I have been together for 12 years, we have a 10 year old daughter together. The problem is I've been in a rented property since just after the little one was born and my partner owns a separate property. The owned property was meant to be an investment, not a family home and is used as a glorified bike workshop (he builds mountain bikes and there is just not enough room in the family house for us and the bikes!). So he runs the owned property - mortagage, bills, his post goes there and I run the rented property (everthing there is in my name) the only thing that is in both our names is our daughters birth certificate and our grocery online bill (but that gets wiped every time a new one goes in). So how do I proove that we are together? Will our daughter be enough for the visa bods as they ask for proof of living together aswell and we just dont have it

Any ideas? Thanks
Have you got photos of the 2 of you together over the years? You know, showing different hair lengths etc. Letters from family or friends sent to both of you? Start keeping the grocery bills, print them off. Character letters from solicitors or the like? School data sheet showing contact info?
Good luck
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

don't think birth certificate will be enough I'm afraid. You do need to show that you share your life on a day to day basis. do you have things like holiday bookings, invites, family get together photo's, holiday photo's. have you taken out warranties for things in joint names. ?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:45 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

On their own a marriage certificate, children and their birth certificates aren't enough.

Given you have simulated a life apart from a documentation point of view, I would ask NZIS about it and see what sort of evidence they would ask for.

Think back, any documentary evidence, insurance policies etc? Letters/cards addressed to you both?

Failing that, letters from friends, solicitor verified if necessary but NZIS should be asked first, no need getting 5 friends to write letters and pay for solemn oaths if NZIS just need 3 joint christmas cards!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

We had the same problem - two houses and separate bills. We got letters from family and dated photos, holiday evidence, plus weird stuff like we adopted a dog and it was in my name but his address etc. You'll be fine, we didn't have any issues in the end.

Jan
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Thanks guys for the response, I'm not the most sentimental person so all cards have been recycled (very annoying as all cards/invites do come for both of us to one address). The parents should have some family photos, but I hate having my picture taken so won't be many! I will scour my computer for previous holiday bookings, but once again all paper evidence has long gone. I'll do as suggested and contact NZIS to see what else they will accept - I can't come without him
Old Jul 19th 2012, 9:15 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepinkone
Thanks guys for the response, I'm not the most sentimental person so all cards have been recycled (very annoying as all cards/invites do come for both of us to one address). The parents should have some family photos, but I hate having my picture taken so won't be many! I will scour my computer for previous holiday bookings, but once again all paper evidence has long gone. I'll do as suggested and contact NZIS to see what else they will accept - I can't come without him
Well, hmmm, <cough>, cards aren't dated...ahmm if you see what I mean...

Tickets in both names or even on the same flight etc (airlines probably keep records a long time and could confirm...?)

Airmiles accounts? Utility bills where you may have paid alternately???
Old Jul 19th 2012, 9:32 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Are you both the contact details for your child at your child's school ? Are you listed as living at the same address at the doctor, dentist and/or other medical practice ? Joint details for purchase or repair of a vehicle, washing machine etc. Any joint credit or HP agreements ? Joint memberships and/or subscriptions i.e. video rentals etc. Are you each other's next of kin on your passports or for work ? Life or household insurances ? Has either of your wills been written ? You don't have to answer that or any other question but do you get what I'm driving at ? It's none of my damn business, but do you use his last name as your own ? In itself, it probably makes no difference in a stable defacto relationship.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Jul 19th 2012 at 9:39 am.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Well, hmmm, <cough>, cards aren't dated...ahmm if you see what I mean...
Whatever can you mean

Perhaps we can all send you a Christmas card. I have a few different types in the cupboard.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:43 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Whatever can you mean

Perhaps we can all send you a Christmas card. I have a few different types in the cupboard.
Tut tut, perhaps we can send you both a Christmas card....

Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lol Vital
I've written to the posh hotel where we've had the honeymoon suite for the past 3 years, also the company that we had family hols with; have photos; didn't think of next of kin so will use that thanks R&D
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Tut tut, perhaps we can send you both a Christmas card....

Silly moi