processing time for work permit???

Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:25 am
Just Joined

ryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura about
Default processing time for work permit???

All my paperwork for a work permit (including offer of employment for a position on the short-term shortage skill list) has been submitted a week ago but so far, no word on whether it's been approved. How long does it take??? My employer did say on the form that I'm supposed to start working for them on the 11th, which is monday; would it be possible that Immigration approves it by then???? Help!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:23 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: processing time for work permit???

Originally Posted by ryanlove
All my paperwork for a work permit (including offer of employment for a position on the short-term shortage skill list) has been submitted a week ago but so far, no word on whether it's been approved. How long does it take??? My employer did say on the form that I'm supposed to start working for them on the 11th, which is monday; would it be possible that Immigration approves it by then???? Help!
Where did you submit your permit??

This is the latest info on processing times in Auckland
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

If you didn't submit there, then go to the top of the NZIS page and do a search for the branch office

HTH
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

ryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura aboutryanlove has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: processing time for work permit???

I submitted at the Henderson, Auckland branch; just faxed them asking about the progress...gosh, I hope it won't take too long- 20 days??????????????
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:20 am
Just Joined

kiwipat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: processing time for work permit???

As an employer I have gone through this with staff I have hired, the quickest has been 2 weeks and the longest 6 weeks. The 6 week one took longer because of a medical problem that needed to be checked out and that goes to Wellington to be done.