probably a silly question but....

Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default probably a silly question but....

if you get PR from qualfications as an electrician what's to stop you when you get to nz from getting a job, say as a postman? There's probably a good answer but I can't think of one!
Also completely on another thread what time in the summer does it get dark in nz?
Thanks Chris
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:50 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: probably a silly question but....

Originally Posted by alchris
if you get PR from qualifications as an electrician what's to stop you when you get to nz from getting a job, say as a postman? There's probably a good answer but I can't think of one!
If you have residency with no restrictions than you certainly can become a postie if that is your desire. Do be aware that some resident applicants will have restrictions on their PR permits but these can be removed after three months in the country. You are then free 'to fish, cut bait or get the hell off the pier'.
Originally Posted by alchris
Also completely on another thread what time in the summer does it get dark in nz?
Thanks Chris
Between 9 and 10 o'clock up north and after 10 if you are down in the deep south. Granted it is darker for longer during winter down in Otago and Southland. Wellington is 42 degrees south. Figure it the same as 42 degrees north except that the seasons arrive at opposite times (does that make sense?).
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: probably a silly question but....

Originally Posted by happynz
If you have residency with no restrictions than you certainly can become a postie if that is your desire. Do be aware that some resident applicants will have restrictions on their PR permits but these can be removed after three months in the country. You are then free 'to fish, cut bait or get the hell off the pier'.
Between 9 and 10 o'clock up north and after 10 if you are down in the deep south. Granted it is darker for longer during winter down in Otago and Southland. Wellington is 42 degrees south. Figure it the same as 42 degrees north except that the seasons arrive at opposite times (does that make sense?).
Yes, as always you do make sense, only wondered as now our clocks have gone forward it gets lighter in the evenings and that is something I think I would miss especially in the summer! As regards to visas I suppose we will just have to wait and see if there are any restrictions. Thanks happynz, very helpful.
Chris