British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Partnership evidence (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/partnership-evidence-665639/)

Sarah1999 Apr 26th 2010 6:00 pm

Partnership evidence

Hi guys

When submitting partnership evidence for PR, would you only submit docs with both people's name on them? ie, would you also submit seperate bank statements with either his or her name on them to proove address? (this is as well as joint bank account statements of course).

Thanks
Sarah

Dewb09 Apr 26th 2010 7:43 pm

Re: Partnership evidence

Originally Posted by Sarah1999 (Post 8522689)
Hi guys

When submitting partnership evidence for PR, would you only submit docs with both people's name on them? ie, would you also submit seperate bank statements with either his or her name on them to proove address? (this is as well as joint bank account statements of course).

Thanks
Sarah

HI Sarah, I did include paperwork that just had either mine or hubsters name on as we didnt seem to have a lot that had both our names on. The main thing they want to see is that you have been living together. I put loads of stuff in covering a couple of years.

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

Dewb

simonsi Apr 26th 2010 8:29 pm

As proof of address surely the joint statements suffice, as part of a body of evidence then I guess it depends on what joint expenditure is shown on the single-name statements...

MnB Apr 26th 2010 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8522847)
HI Sarah, I did include paperwork that just had either mine or hubsters name on as we didnt seem to have a lot that had both our names on. The main thing they want to see is that you have been living together. I put loads of stuff in covering a couple of years.

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

Dewb

Ditto what Dewb says......put in as much as you can, so long as address is the same its proof of living together. A good tip (also from Dewb:wub:) is to submit an inventory of you documents and keep a copy........this was very useful when I was phoned and more recent evidence was requested, I pointed out that recent evidence had been submitted ....it was listed on inventory as......C/O found it and all was ok.
HTH
B x

Sarah1999 Apr 26th 2010 11:39 pm

so you guys reckon include both? We have about 40 pieces of official documents (bank statements, lease stuff) etc with both our names on them. How much is too much evidence do you think?

TeamEmbo Apr 26th 2010 11:55 pm

We put in some official docs showing both joint and indiv names but same address, holiday travel insurance docs, joint invitations to wedding/christening with envelope as proof of address and showing date stamp, photographs of us/family hols, events etc with names and dates written on back. We also put in shorts relationship testimony letters from family and friends stating how they know us, how long etc and confirming that we are recognised as a couple/family and have an ongoing solid relationship. Immigration want proof of at least previous 12 months living together but also proof of stable ongoing relationship that is recognised by family/friends so put in a selection of stuff to cover all aspects.

MnB Apr 27th 2010 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Sarah1999 (Post 8523314)
so you guys reckon include both? We have about 40 pieces of official documents (bank statements, lease stuff) etc with both our names on them. How much is too much evidence do you think?

I submitted over 60 pages :eek: 2 docs for each month of preceeding 12 months and 2 or 3 docs for every yr since marriage (31 yrs:eek:) plus letters of support x 3 from sister in law & friends. Don't forget to also send in a copy of each piece of evidence. There is a document on NZ Immi 'Tips for family/partner applications' if I find the link will post but try a search on here, I have posted it before.
B x

pricklykina Apr 27th 2010 8:53 am

I didn't have a lot as we had only been living together about 8 months and we were in a shared flat.
I sent a christmas card I had sent him in the years when I was in the UK and he was here! Some photos, marriage certificate. They sent me a letter asking for more info on the day that I realised that I was pregnant
I wrote to them saying that I did not have anything else to send then but that I had discovered my pregnancy and I got my blue stickers then within 3 weeks!

Not that I'm suggesting that

Dewb09 Apr 27th 2010 10:20 am

Originally Posted by pricklykina (Post 8524099)
I had discovered my pregnancy and I got my blue stickers then within 3 weeks!

Not that I'm suggesting that

:rofl: that should do it, drastic though :thumbsup:

Dewb

MnB Apr 27th 2010 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8524235)
:rofl: that should do it, drastic though :thumbsup:

Dewb

:rofl:Think they could see I was past it;) (pregnancy:sneaky:) so got AIP within 2 weeks :D