Partnership evidence

Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partnership evidence

Hi guys

When submitting partnership evidence for PR, would you only submit docs with both people's name on them? ie, would you also submit seperate bank statements with either his or her name on them to proove address? (this is as well as joint bank account statements of course).

Thanks
Sarah
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:43 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partnership evidence

Originally Posted by Sarah1999
Hi guys

When submitting partnership evidence for PR, would you only submit docs with both people's name on them? ie, would you also submit seperate bank statements with either his or her name on them to proove address? (this is as well as joint bank account statements of course).

Thanks
Sarah
HI Sarah, I did include paperwork that just had either mine or hubsters name on as we didnt seem to have a lot that had both our names on. The main thing they want to see is that you have been living together. I put loads of stuff in covering a couple of years.

Good luck with it all

Dewb
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:29 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

As proof of address surely the joint statements suffice, as part of a body of evidence then I guess it depends on what joint expenditure is shown on the single-name statements...
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:12 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
HI Sarah, I did include paperwork that just had either mine or hubsters name on as we didnt seem to have a lot that had both our names on. The main thing they want to see is that you have been living together. I put loads of stuff in covering a couple of years.

Good luck with it all

Dewb
Ditto what Dewb says......put in as much as you can, so long as address is the same its proof of living together. A good tip (also from Dewb) is to submit an inventory of you documents and keep a copy........this was very useful when I was phoned and more recent evidence was requested, I pointed out that recent evidence had been submitted ....it was listed on inventory as......C/O found it and all was ok.
HTH
B x
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

so you guys reckon include both? We have about 40 pieces of official documents (bank statements, lease stuff) etc with both our names on them. How much is too much evidence do you think?
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:55 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We put in some official docs showing both joint and indiv names but same address, holiday travel insurance docs, joint invitations to wedding/christening with envelope as proof of address and showing date stamp, photographs of us/family hols, events etc with names and dates written on back. We also put in shorts relationship testimony letters from family and friends stating how they know us, how long etc and confirming that we are recognised as a couple/family and have an ongoing solid relationship. Immigration want proof of at least previous 12 months living together but also proof of stable ongoing relationship that is recognised by family/friends so put in a selection of stuff to cover all aspects.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 3:40 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah1999
so you guys reckon include both? We have about 40 pieces of official documents (bank statements, lease stuff) etc with both our names on them. How much is too much evidence do you think?
I submitted over 60 pages 2 docs for each month of preceeding 12 months and 2 or 3 docs for every yr since marriage (31 yrs) plus letters of support x 3 from sister in law & friends. Don't forget to also send in a copy of each piece of evidence. There is a document on NZ Immi 'Tips for family/partner applications' if I find the link will post but try a search on here, I have posted it before.
B x
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have a lot as we had only been living together about 8 months and we were in a shared flat.
I sent a christmas card I had sent him in the years when I was in the UK and he was here! Some photos, marriage certificate. They sent me a letter asking for more info on the day that I realised that I was pregnant
I wrote to them saying that I did not have anything else to send then but that I had discovered my pregnancy and I got my blue stickers then within 3 weeks!

Not that I'm suggesting that
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:20 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
I had discovered my pregnancy and I got my blue stickers then within 3 weeks!

Not that I'm suggesting that
that should do it, drastic though

Dewb
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:33 am
MnB

Originally Posted by Dewb09
that should do it, drastic though

Dewb
Think they could see I was past it (pregnancy) so got AIP within 2 weeks