Partner Qualification Assesment - Points

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 9:49 am
Just Joined

arslanq is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Partner Qualification Assesment - Points

Hi,

I am currently applying to NZ for Skilled Migrant Category. In order to qualify for 140 points, I should get points from my partners qualifications.

My wife is a Medical Practitioner, MBBS, (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery). She obtained it in Pakistan.

We understand that in order for her to work in New Zealand she has to register in appropriate professional body.

Here my question is pertaining to claim her points in the application as my partner, as I am the principle applicant.

May we simply go for her qualification assessment in order to claim partner points in our application as I would be the primary applicant, or would we need to obtain registraton with the NZ Medical Council?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:58 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Qualification Assesment - Points

I believe you just need to get the qualification assessed but if she wants to work under that particular career when you are here then she would need to register.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 2:06 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

What MrsF said if all you want are the qualification points

It does throw up a question though; is registration alone acceptable for the qualification points if your degree is not on the List? Or do you also need to get the degree assessed?
In my profession which I would expect to be similar to human medicine, you can only register if you have an acceptable [to the regulatory body] degree. There is a list of universities that the degree is accepted from. Hence if you've registered then your qualifications are ok
Old Feb 4th 2015, 4:59 am
Just Joined

No We would like to wait till we get there before she gets herself registered. I guess I will simply have a PAR done on her qualifications. Thanks guys...
Old Feb 4th 2015, 5:10 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you can get Par for the initial EOI but if you are selected you may have to get a full assessment to get the points
Old Feb 4th 2015, 5:18 am
Just Joined

....and for that full assessment, will We need to get her registered with NZ Medical Council, or just Full assessment with NZQA will do....?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 6:54 am

just for the qualification for points I believe you just need to get the qualification assessed to a NZ standard.