Partner IELTS result

Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold
Question Partner IELTS result

Hi Guys,
Hope every one is doing well?
I and my wife are almost 1 month away from sending off our ITA to London Branch.
We successfully received our ITA based on 145 points of EOI (including 20 for partner qualification)
My wife has done her IELTS exam 3 weeks ago and she managed to get 6 as an overall score , bearing in mind that she has to meet the same as main applicants level of English which is 6.5 in IELTS in order to claim for the 20 points for her qualification.
Any ways, I need to ask here, would you think that ITA case officer might ask her to repeat the exam, or we might lose the 20 points from our total points gained??
Has any one on here gone through same situation, where their partners failed to meet the IELTS score and got their applications accepted without the hassle of repeating the exam?
would appreciate any of your experiences shared.
Thank you of your support in advance

Sam
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner IELTS result

looks like you can pay for tuition once you have arrived

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...erequirements/

"ESOL tuition for non-principal applicants
Non-principal applicants who do not meet the minimum standard of English may pre-purchase ESOL tuition in New Zealand. You purchase this tuition from us, on behalf of New Zealand’s Tertiary Education Commission. The resident visa will only be granted once you have paid the tuition charge."

Here are the costs

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...soltuition.htm

Last edited by MrsFychan; Feb 27th 2013 at 8:20 am.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
looks like you can pay for tuition once you have arrived

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...erequirements/

"ESOL tuition for non-principal applicants
Non-principal applicants who do not meet the minimum standard of English may pre-purchase ESOL tuition in New Zealand. You purchase this tuition from us, on behalf of New Zealand’s Tertiary Education Commission. The resident visa will only be granted once you have paid the tuition charge."

Here are the costs

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...soltuition.htm
Thank you MrsFychan for your efforts to answer my query and to make things clear; however, the fees will be applicable only for secondary applicants to whom no bonus points are claimed for in terms of their qualifications.
In my case; 20 points are claimed for my Partner's qualification, and hence Partner should meet similar language requirements of the principal applicant (Who is me), and the accepted IELTS score for the main applicant is 6.5 according to INZS

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ns/default.htm

If any one on here had similar situation where he or she claimed for Bonus points of their Partner's qualifications might be able also to share their experience regarding this scenario??

Thank you

Sam
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:33 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as she was so close could she not just sit them again?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
as she was so close could she not just sit them again?
This actually what I am trying to know!