out of the pool

Old May 27th 2007, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

oakgoblinglow will become famous soon enoughoakgoblinglow will become famous soon enough
Red face out of the pool

Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can help with this question. We submitted our expression of interest into the pool, and after a couple of weeks we were selected. Can anyone say what happens now? How long do you wait? do they write to you to let you know if you have been successful or not? Sorry lots of questions any help would be appreciated thanks
Regards Dawn
Old May 27th 2007, 12:51 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: out of the pool

You are issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA). The ITA is basically asking for the same information that you submitted in your Expression of Interest (EOI), but this time you must supply all the documents and evidence that will back up the claims you have made. You will also need to supply police clearances and a medical report with chest x-rays for each member of the family that are immigrating to New Zealand (pregnant women and children under a certain age do not need x-rays).
Follow the checklist that is supplied with you ITA packet and you'll do fine.

Good luck.
Old May 27th 2007, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

oakgoblinglow will become famous soon enoughoakgoblinglow will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: out of the pool

Thank you very much for that. Are you notified by post? And how long roughly before you know anything once selected from the pool any idea?
Regards Dawn
Old May 27th 2007, 1:09 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by oakgoblinglow
Thank you very much for that. Are you notified by post? And how long roughly before you know anything once selected from the pool any idea?
Regards Dawn
If you have been selected from the EOI pool you should receive a letter from NZIS announcing that your expression of interest has been successful.
The ITA, a big ol' fat thing, should land with a thump on you doorstep any day now. From EOI to ITA being delivered was about a week, but we were living in New Zealand so I'm not sure how long it would take in your neck of the woods.
Old May 27th 2007, 6:44 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Our EOI was selected from the pool, then the case officer assigned to look into the points I'd claimed, wrote back and took us out of the pool as my degree is worth crap to them. So it's not automatic...
Old May 27th 2007, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

mccgirls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maz
Our EOI was selected from the pool, then the case officer assigned to look into the points I'd claimed, wrote back and took us out of the pool as my degree is worth crap to them. So it's not automatic...
What is your degree in? and did they give a reason?
Old May 27th 2007, 7:21 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mccgirls
What is your degree in? and did they give a reason?
My experience is in IT programming, but my degree is a BA (Hons) in Combined Studies, with Business Administration and Information Analysis as my 2 main subjects. My degree isn't a BSc in Computer Science so it's apparently worthless. Mind you, an 18-year old degree in Computer Science is pretty bloomin worthless too!
Old May 28th 2007, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: out of the pool

Hi all thanks for your replies really appreciate you taking the time
Dawn
Old May 29th 2007, 4:10 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We were notified by post and email ( if you requested it) that we were successful in been selected to Apply.

Please don't automatically assume that you will receive your ITA. They look at what you are claiming points for on your EOI, whether you've been kicked out of NZ etc before they decide to Invite you To Apply, there are people on here who lose points and get thrown back in

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. Fingers crossed and karma to you.
Old May 29th 2007, 3:08 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We were notified by post and email ( if you requested it) that we were successful in been selected to Apply.

Please don't automatically assume that you will receive your ITA. They look at what you are claiming points for on your EOI, whether you've been kicked out of NZ etc before they decide to Invite you To Apply, there are people on here who lose points and get thrown back in

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. Fingers crossed and karma to you.
Good point, I was selected 4 days after applying with the EOI but received an E Mail from my case officer saying my 140 points were now 55! If there are problems with your quals or work experience, you will have to prove the points you are claiming for. That could involve doing a 'PAR' with NZQA for your quals. Don't worry though, it's just NZIS being cautious, as long as you can prove what you have claimed, there will be no problem.

Good luck