British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Open University Qualifications (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/open-university-qualifications-613381/)

gvbjersey Jun 7th 2009 8:11 am

Open University Qualifications

Hi all,
After a while of lurking in the background, I thought I'd finally register and see if someone has some info they can provide with regards to OU qualifications.

Basically, I don't have a degree and only an IAQ Certificate with the Securities Institute so not hoping for many points there :unsure: and thought that as I/we have a couple of years before we can take the plunge, would do some courses to get more points. Better half has some compliance certificates and a BTEC National Diploma, but I thought I may take a look at the OU business studies courses.

From the ImmigrationNZ website, it says that a degree can mean 50 points from the OU. Does anyone know what a certificate / diploma etc would get?

Cheers!

Persephone Jun 7th 2009 10:34 am

Re: Open University Qualifications

Hi and welcome to BE!
certificates and diplomas will also gain you 50 points if you look at the link below:
Recognised qualifications
The Open University is on the list of awarding institutions.
Would your partner's BTEC be recognised?
Happy studying!
Sue:D

gvbjersey Jun 7th 2009 12:26 pm

Thanks for the reply and help.
Not sure. It was a BTEC from Pencoed Agfricultural College but this college is not on the list below. Does this mean that it won't get anything and she has to study too? :thumbdown::banghead:

LiffyB Jun 7th 2009 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by gvbjersey (Post 7641559)
Hi all,
After a while of lurking in the background, I thought I'd finally register and see if someone has some info they can provide with regards to OU qualifications.

Basically, I don't have a degree and only an IAQ Certificate with the Securities Institute so not hoping for many points there :unsure: and thought that as I/we have a couple of years before we can take the plunge, would do some courses to get more points. Better half has some compliance certificates and a BTEC National Diploma, but I thought I may take a look at the OU business studies courses.

From the ImmigrationNZ website, it says that a degree can mean 50 points from the OU. Does anyone know what a certificate / diploma etc would get?

Cheers!

A Foundation degree/HND is worth 50 points as long as it is one that is recognised by NZQA - I got 50 points for my Foundation Degree and hope to get another 5 once I get my Honours Degree Award in July.

Good Luck!

Liff