Open University Qualifications

Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:11 am
Just Joined

gvbjersey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Open University Qualifications

Hi all,
After a while of lurking in the background, I thought I'd finally register and see if someone has some info they can provide with regards to OU qualifications.

Basically, I don't have a degree and only an IAQ Certificate with the Securities Institute so not hoping for many points there and thought that as I/we have a couple of years before we can take the plunge, would do some courses to get more points. Better half has some compliance certificates and a BTEC National Diploma, but I thought I may take a look at the OU business studies courses.

From the ImmigrationNZ website, it says that a degree can mean 50 points from the OU. Does anyone know what a certificate / diploma etc would get?

Cheers!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:34 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open University Qualifications

Hi and welcome to BE!
certificates and diplomas will also gain you 50 points if you look at the link below:
Recognised qualifications
The Open University is on the list of awarding institutions.
Would your partner's BTEC be recognised?
Happy studying!
Sue
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

gvbjersey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply and help.
Not sure. It was a BTEC from Pencoed Agfricultural College but this college is not on the list below. Does this mean that it won't get anything and she has to study too?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gvbjersey View Post
Hi all,
After a while of lurking in the background, I thought I'd finally register and see if someone has some info they can provide with regards to OU qualifications.

Basically, I don't have a degree and only an IAQ Certificate with the Securities Institute so not hoping for many points there and thought that as I/we have a couple of years before we can take the plunge, would do some courses to get more points. Better half has some compliance certificates and a BTEC National Diploma, but I thought I may take a look at the OU business studies courses.

From the ImmigrationNZ website, it says that a degree can mean 50 points from the OU. Does anyone know what a certificate / diploma etc would get?

Cheers!
A Foundation degree/HND is worth 50 points as long as it is one that is recognised by NZQA - I got 50 points for my Foundation Degree and hope to get another 5 once I get my Honours Degree Award in July.

Good Luck!

Liff