British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA - should i proceed? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-should-i-proceed-481108/)

titi Sep 14th 2007 10:24 am

NZQA - should i proceed?

I have submitted my application for residence since Feb. Today the visa officer emailed me to request me to go through NZQA for my bachelor qualification - reasons being I only spent 2 years of it instead of 3 years (my university is in their list of recognized qualifications - in Australia).

I checked the NZQA website, we need to send original certs over there and pay quite a number of $$. Now, is there anyone having experience with this? Should I proceed? Worth try? Or I should appeal to the visa officer on this?

Please advice!

happynz Sep 14th 2007 10:39 am

Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Originally Posted by titi (Post 5310380)
I have submitted my application for residence since Feb. Today the visa officer emailed me to request me to go through NZQA for my bachelor qualification - reasons being I only spent 2 years of it instead of 3 years (my university is in their list of recognized qualifications - in Australia).

I checked the NZQA website, we need to send original certs over there and pay quite a number of $$. Now, is there anyone having experience with this? Should I proceed? Worth try? Or I should appeal to the visa officer on this?

Please advice!

I had to pay NZ$450 plus the certified mailing costs to have my degree certified by the NZQA. Yes, it is expensive. Look, immigrating to New Zealand isn't cheap. Look at it as part of an investment into your future. The money isn't lost. You'll make it back in no time.

Selamat berjaya.

titi Sep 17th 2007 4:23 am

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5310420)
I had to pay NZ$450 plus the certified mailing costs to have my degree certified by the NZQA. Yes, it is expensive. Look, immigrating to New Zealand isn't cheap. Look at it as part of an investment into your future. The money isn't lost. You'll make it back in no time.

Selamat berjaya.

Thanks for the reply. Did you send all your original certs over to NZ? How long does they take to access it and feedback to you?

happynz Sep 17th 2007 5:20 am

Originally Posted by titi (Post 5320035)
Thanks for the reply. Did you send all your original certs over to NZ? How long does they take to access it and feedback to you?

Yes, I had to send the originals along with photocopies and a pre-paid envelope (they'll charge you a lot more if you don't supply your own photocopies and pre-paid envelope). They will return the originals. Make sure your envelopes are certified.

I don't strictly recall how long it took, I think about 20 working days. You will get a letter from NZQA detailing their findings and at what level they equate your qualifications to be.

Good luck.

titi Sep 17th 2007 5:29 am

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5320088)
Yes, I had to send the originals along with photocopies and a pre-paid envelope (they'll charge you a lot more if you don't supply your own photocopies and pre-paid envelope). They will return the originals. Make sure your envelopes are certified.

I don't strictly recall how long it took, I think about 20 working days. You will get a letter from NZQA detailing their findings and at what level they equate your qualifications to be.

Good luck.

Do I need to certified the photocopies or no need?

happynz Sep 17th 2007 5:30 am

Originally Posted by titi (Post 5320097)
Do I need to certified the photocopies or no need?

No need to certify the photocopies because you should have the originals accompanying them, right?

;)

st99my Nov 17th 2007 9:41 am

Hi
I have a USM bachelor of engineering degree from 1989 (graduation)..
I was applying through EOI and told my degree need to be validated/review by NZQA..

Does anyone has experience on what exactly the documents needed to send to them and how long this wil take?

Appreciate for any advice on this

thanks

st99my:)

Kags1694 Nov 19th 2007 9:30 am

If you require a quick response, pay extra for the fast track services.

I sent my OH quals off on the 28th August, unfortunately I didn't do fast track, they received documents on the 10th September, they have promised me that we will receive results within the next two weeks.

Regards
Karen

st99my Nov 20th 2007 4:51 am

Hi
Maybe I am not very clear about my previous question?

Beside the official degree certification awarded by the university ( in this case, I am from Malaysia, the degree is awarded by University Science of Malaysia), do we need to have details of the transcripts results or is there anything else?
I have the degree 18 years ago.. I have a old copy of the transcript of each subject's results by the semester.. Is this sufficient for NZQA to evaluate?

regrds

st99my

zummerzet_lou Nov 20th 2007 6:24 am

I have just got my NZQA assessment back .... and here's what I sent them.

My degree certificate
Degree Transcript
A'level certificates
GCSE certificates
Marriage certificate
Work experience references - stating what dates I worked, and which position.

HTH

Lou