NZQA - should i proceed?

Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:24 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 13
titi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA - should i proceed?

I have submitted my application for residence since Feb. Today the visa officer emailed me to request me to go through NZQA for my bachelor qualification - reasons being I only spent 2 years of it instead of 3 years (my university is in their list of recognized qualifications - in Australia).

I checked the NZQA website, we need to send original certs over there and pay quite a number of $$. Now, is there anyone having experience with this? Should I proceed? Worth try? Or I should appeal to the visa officer on this?

Please advice!
titi is offline  
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:39 am
  #2  
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,813
happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Originally Posted by titi View Post
I have submitted my application for residence since Feb. Today the visa officer emailed me to request me to go through NZQA for my bachelor qualification - reasons being I only spent 2 years of it instead of 3 years (my university is in their list of recognized qualifications - in Australia).

I checked the NZQA website, we need to send original certs over there and pay quite a number of $$. Now, is there anyone having experience with this? Should I proceed? Worth try? Or I should appeal to the visa officer on this?

Please advice!
I had to pay NZ$450 plus the certified mailing costs to have my degree certified by the NZQA. Yes, it is expensive. Look, immigrating to New Zealand isn't cheap. Look at it as part of an investment into your future. The money isn't lost. You'll make it back in no time.

Selamat berjaya.
happynz is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:23 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 13
titi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
I had to pay NZ$450 plus the certified mailing costs to have my degree certified by the NZQA. Yes, it is expensive. Look, immigrating to New Zealand isn't cheap. Look at it as part of an investment into your future. The money isn't lost. You'll make it back in no time.

Selamat berjaya.
Thanks for the reply. Did you send all your original certs over to NZ? How long does they take to access it and feedback to you?
titi is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:20 am
  #4  
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,813
happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Originally Posted by titi View Post
Thanks for the reply. Did you send all your original certs over to NZ? How long does they take to access it and feedback to you?
Yes, I had to send the originals along with photocopies and a pre-paid envelope (they'll charge you a lot more if you don't supply your own photocopies and pre-paid envelope). They will return the originals. Make sure your envelopes are certified.

I don't strictly recall how long it took, I think about 20 working days. You will get a letter from NZQA detailing their findings and at what level they equate your qualifications to be.

Good luck.
happynz is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:29 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 13
titi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
Yes, I had to send the originals along with photocopies and a pre-paid envelope (they'll charge you a lot more if you don't supply your own photocopies and pre-paid envelope). They will return the originals. Make sure your envelopes are certified.

I don't strictly recall how long it took, I think about 20 working days. You will get a letter from NZQA detailing their findings and at what level they equate your qualifications to be.

Good luck.
Do I need to certified the photocopies or no need?
titi is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:30 am
  #6  
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,813
happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Originally Posted by titi View Post
Do I need to certified the photocopies or no need?
No need to certify the photocopies because you should have the originals accompanying them, right?

happynz is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:41 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
st99my is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Hi
I have a USM bachelor of engineering degree from 1989 (graduation)..
I was applying through EOI and told my degree need to be validated/review by NZQA..

Does anyone has experience on what exactly the documents needed to send to them and how long this wil take?

Appreciate for any advice on this

thanks

st99my
st99my is offline  
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:30 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Kags1694's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: From Liverpool to North Shore NZ
Posts: 320
Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

If you require a quick response, pay extra for the fast track services.

I sent my OH quals off on the 28th August, unfortunately I didn't do fast track, they received documents on the 10th September, they have promised me that we will receive results within the next two weeks.

Regards
Karen
Kags1694 is offline  
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:51 am
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
st99my is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

Hi
Maybe I am not very clear about my previous question?

Beside the official degree certification awarded by the university ( in this case, I am from Malaysia, the degree is awarded by University Science of Malaysia), do we need to have details of the transcripts results or is there anything else?
I have the degree 18 years ago.. I have a old copy of the transcript of each subject's results by the semester.. Is this sufficient for NZQA to evaluate?

regrds

st99my
st99my is offline  
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:24 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 234
zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA - should i proceed?

I have just got my NZQA assessment back .... and here's what I sent them.

My degree certificate
Degree Transcript
A'level certificates
GCSE certificates
Marriage certificate
Work experience references - stating what dates I worked, and which position.

HTH

Lou
zummerzet_lou is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.