Nursing Qualifications

Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road
Default Nursing Qualifications

My wife qualified as a Registered General Nurse back in 1985 and is a Community Nurse working on the District Team in Manchester. Her course wasn't a certificate, diploma, degree or anything alse that is mentioned on the application form. Just nurse training for 3 years at a teaching hospital in the UK. How do you answer the "type of training" question as there is no box to tick for this on the application.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:58 am
Steve ww

Riggo 60 is a jewel in the roughRiggo 60 is a jewel in the roughRiggo 60 is a jewel in the roughRiggo 60 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Nursing Qualifications

Hi

I assume this is your eoi you talking about.
This may not be much use,but may reasure you.
My wife quilfied in 1981, no diploma or degree.Just RGN
Cant remember how we did it but it is there somewhere. If i can find out will let you know.

The reasurance bit-- she now has job offer.

Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Qualifications

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
My wife qualified as a Registered General Nurse back in 1985 and is a Community Nurse working on the District Team in Manchester. Her course wasn't a certificate, diploma, degree or anything alse that is mentioned on the application form. Just nurse training for 3 years at a teaching hospital in the UK. How do you answer the "type of training" question as there is no box to tick for this on the application.
In your ITA pack you'll have a form to send off to nursing council, they verify your registration with your qualification & training. Don't worry, I know of a few nurses here that trained in the early days.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

chrissy63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boopy
In your ITA pack you'll have a form to send off to nursing council, they verify your registration with your qualification & training. Don't worry, I know of a few nurses here that trained in the early days.
I have been tentively looking into immgration to NZ. I have had some feedback from nursing service in Dunedin runby the Otago health board. It is a mental health and learning disability facility. They say my LD nursing qualifications will be recognised no problem. Just wondering what dunedin is like and wether anyone new of this service its in the waitiki hospital

Thanks

Chris
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:03 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrissy63
Just wondering what dunedin is like and whether anyone new of this service its in the waitiki hospital

Thanks

Chris
Dunedin has many steep hills and many homes have wonderful views of the harbour and of bush clad hills as well as ocean views for some others.

It's a smallish city with around 120,000 inhabitants, but has many good services as it is a regional centre for the Otago area. The university swells the population and adds a vibe to the city during the terms when students are in session.

Weather-wise, well, you can expect a lot of weather. It can get cold and damp, but if you take reasonable measures you can be warm enough. Try to get accommodation that is north facing and is insulated. Summers are grand.