not getting PR?

Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Red face not getting PR?

Hi

am just wondering, we have an EOI value of 150.... and will submit soon.
but when you get the ITA, is there anything to say that you wont get PR? ie is it only on medical grounds/ character/ criminal records etc etc that you dont? or do some people just dont make the grade even having an EOI of 150??????

we are self employed and run a heating & plumbing business, but are not qualified according to the PGDB! very frustrating. :curse::curse:

i havent heard anyone not get PR, but there may be a first..................

thanks

Anna
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Smile Re: not getting PR?

There is nothing to tell you whether you will be granted PR or not.

I spoke to my case officer last week at my interview, and she said it all depends on how well NZIS think you will settle. If you already have some contacts, an idea about where you'd live, have researched your job prospects and have a general idea of the cost of living etc. you shouldn't have a problem. I think it helps if you have actually been to NZ too. We were granted PR yesterday, we don't have a job offer but we have some friends in NZ, a place over there, and we've been over a couple of times too. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your plans.

Helen. x
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Default Re: not getting PR?

Sorry, forgot to mention, if you don't get PR, you may be given a work visa which has certain conditions with it. If you search this site for work visa comments, you will find some people who were offered this rather than PR.

Good luck.

Helen x
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

With 150 points, then you should be selected automatically. Your EOI is then checked and the ITA is your way of proving everything that you have claimed on your EOI.

If you don't have a job offer then you have to prove to NZIS that you are able to settle, find employment & contribute to NZ whilst not being a drain! In addition to your skills, age, medical history, criminal record etc. etc. etc. then you would have an interview to assess this ability to settle etc. You can search on here for the typical questions that get asked.

We have never been to NZ (and there are many that haven't) but we were given PR.

As helenlhoppy has suggested, you could be offered WTR (work to residency) as an alternative to PR. In your line of work this could well be the case but I am not sure and someone may well be along later with some better advice for your profession or you could post accordingly. WTR basically gives you 3 months to get your passports in for their blue stickers, then 3 months to get to NZ to activate the visas. I believe that you then have 6 months in NZ to find employment & thus prove to NZIS that you are capable of finding a job & able to settle.

Hopefully that ramble is clear. Apologies if not & I'm sure someone will be along shortly to put the case across more succintly.

Best of luck.

You are probably aware but the next draw will be 1st July. Good luck again & fingerscrossed.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by crumpy10
Hi

am just wondering, we have an EOI value of 150.... and will submit soon.
but when you get the ITA, is there anything to say that you wont get PR? ie is it only on medical grounds/ character/ criminal records etc etc that you dont? or do some people just dont make the grade even having an EOI of 150??????

we are self employed and run a heating & plumbing business, but are not qualified according to the PGDB! very frustrating. :curse::curse:

i havent heard anyone not get PR, but there may be a first..................

thanks

Anna

Yes. People can get turned down for something other than police checks or medicals.

I've been around these boards now for over 6 years and I have read of people getting knocked back at ITA stage .

What is the breakdown of your points, if you don't mind my asking.

Just because you have claimed for 150 points , doesn't mean that NZIS will accept that.

If NZIS feel you have incorrectly claimed for points, then they will deduct them from the EOI and let you know.

Once you have your ITA you then send everything in to them which proves all the points you have claimed on your EOI.

If one applies under the skilled migrant category , then the applicants skill level for the occupation they apply under must match the standard required by NZIS. If it doesn't then the work experience could possibly also be deemed invalid and the person deemed to not be 'skilled ' enough in the occupation they have claimed for.
It is all about matching the standard set by NZIS which matches the standard set by the NZ trade or profession and also falls into line with the Australian standard.

If you have claimed for a trade skill in plumbing and/or gasfitting but your pre-assessment from the PGDB came back as not of the standard required by the PGDB , then NZIS will deduct those points.
At ITA stage you would be required to show NZIS the result of the
PGDB pre-assessment and also certified copies of the trade certificates.
i.e. C&G 1 and 2 if an older trade qual or a C&G /NVQ level 3 plus some proof of training and/or apprenticeship . If you cannot satisfy NZIS that you match the standard set by the PGDB and NZIS then the points will be deducted .

I have actually know plumbers and gasfitters be knocked back for not having the required standard.

What UK plumbing and gasfitting quals does your husband have.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OOps.
I have just read an earlier post of yours back in February about quals etc.
Sorry I didn't reply to that post at the time. I was back in the UK for sad family reasons.

My husband is a time served plumber and gasfitter. We have been in NZ for 5 years now. We also used to run our own little business back in the UK plumbing/gasfitting and fitting solar etc. It is an area I am very familiar with.

I will quote & answer to that Feb 09 post to keep in context but the bits of the post will appear out of order to the original as I answer certain points made. some bits of the original post will be cut.

My question is 'Has anyone ever been accepted into the Plumbers, Gas fitters and Drainlayers assessment without having an NVQ3?
The 'Board' reply to emails seemed to be not to helpful! Just stating what I had already read about NVQ 3
As you have found out, the answer to that is NO.
It needs to be NVQ3/C&G 3 or above. Preferably time served through apprenticeship or at least 3/4 years on the tools training within the trade. An overseas plumber/gasfitter coming into the NZ trade here needs to have quals to the craftsman level as a career plumber/gasfitter. Not less.

I am 36 and a time served avionics engineer in the RAF for 13 years before this and have various quals including BTEC National.
Are these in Avionics then? By time served do you mean the RAF or something else.
Who awarded you your qualifications ? This could be a possibility for you under the skilled migrant category if you can prove the skill, experience and qualifications.
It may be that these would need to go through a full NZQA assessment to get the level 4 result required for this occupation.

Avionics Engineer isn't on the shortages lists so no bonus points but is is seen as a skilled occupation Ref. 323111 Part B. so is worth points.

I have been an oil heating engineer for 5 years over here, I am also unvented qualified, legionella/disinfection qualified as well as Oftec Qualified and registered. . We also install solar and Geo thermal heating systems.
You know, I remember a bloke who did not have the fully qualified trade certs and so was rejected by the PGDB of course, but he joined a company fitting oil fired heating systems and gained PR this way. He had the points because of the job offer and was able to prove his skill level because of his years fitting heating systems. I will have to think more about this as it was quite a while back now. He went to Christchurch.

This company install heating systems which include solid fuel and oil. It is not the company I am thinking of though however, perhaps contact them to see what is what. You never know .

ANY and I mean ANY advice would be gratefully recieved as we just seem to be going in circles.
OK.Sorry I wasn't here when you made the post. I could have saved you spending money on a PGDB assessment which was sure to be a negative result.

Hopefully, with your assorted skills there is a way for you to come into NZ and gain PR. I doubt it will be as a plumber or gasfitter though .
With further regard to that, please be aware that you would be unable to set up the same type of business here in NZ without that you employed a registered craftsman plumber and gasfitter.

If you have created an EOI which claims points for the plumbing/gasfitting trade, then perhaps you should re-think submitting this. Withouth the PGDB assessment and the trade certs to back up the claim at ITA stage, you could well find yourselves out of pocket.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: not getting PR?

WOW! havent been on the site for 2 days and the response is amazing!

Thanks very much all of ya!!!!

ok,

yes my OH was in the RAF for 13 yrs, and his quals are the ones we are using to get in (hopefully) , he has a city & guilds part 3 in
Aeronautical Engineering Craft studies.

plus a btec in national cert in egineering.

i am claiming 20 pts for my NVQ level 2 in Management of horses,

plus our ages 35 & 37

60pts for recognised quals

45 for recognised work exp

25 for identitiy

we havent spent any money on getting him assessed with the PGDB, we sent them lots of emails and found them to be less than helpfull..........

have been in contact with the heating company that you linked me too, they are very helpfull and we are going to see them next may when we come for a whole month in a campervan with 2 kids! not sure what we are letting ourselves into!!

with regards to his plumbing quals, he has OFTEC pressure jet, vaporising, (aga, etc) installation of oil tanks, including bunded, and install of all boilers and ranges etc all servicing of oil boilers.

NIC certs in installation of domestic unvented hot water storage tanks.

able to install solar hot water etc

and about 8 yrs worth of experience in plumbing. but whilst he was in the RAF, he also moonlighted, with builders/plumbers, but cant prove this!!!

going back to avionics quals, he got these when he was in, but hasnt done it since he left in 2003. he has only been doing plumbing. we are not sure if he has to do the qualification as a job, he is claiming for?

anyhow, thanks for the response,

Anna