Is it normal practice......

Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

paulocimini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it normal practice......

........not to hear anything from your case worker?

have applied for the LTBV

got a letter confirming reciept of our application, telling us we were in a cue.

a few weeks later got another letter saying we were 4-6 weeks away from someone taking on our case.

That is the last we have heard.

I called the helpline, who told be they had taken the case on, on the 15th July and also gave me the e-mail address of our caseworker.

I e-mailed him 2 weeks ago to see if he could update me, but have had no reply

Can anyone suggest what would be a good next step? I don't want to hassle them, but would like to know how the application is going.

They say 75% of this type of visa is cleared within 3 months?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Is it normal practice......

UPDATED....
Spoke to an advisor who said, just send him another e-mail to say Hi and make contact, which I did.

Still no reply

I am getting worried now, what should I do?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Hi Paulocimini,
Sorry cant offer much practical help but to say keep your chin up, and keep at them!!! perhaps phone and email once a week until the buggers answer!!!! think thats what I might do, think they forget they hold our lives dangling by a piece of string, good luck tho, keep us posted...........
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulocimini
UPDATED....
Spoke to an advisor who said, just send him another e-mail to say Hi and make contact, which I did.

Still no reply

I am getting worried now, what should I do?
Hi Paulocimini

I had the same problem. In the end I e-mailed and rang and left a message once a week, eventually a very very pleading one and she answered, by e-mail. I know how frustrating it is believe you me, all I can advise is persistent patience. They will reply eventually. Incidentally I have never spoken to my CO on the phone and the phone was never answered - ansaphone only. I was advised they don't answer calls otherwise they would never get any of the cases actually done, and I can see the logic in that. Hth and good luck

Cheers

HH
Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hi Paulocimini

I had the same problem. In the end I e-mailed and rang and left a message once a week, eventually a very very pleading one and she answered, by e-mail. I know how frustrating it is believe you me, all I can advise is persistent patience. They will reply eventually. Incidentally I have never spoken to my CO on the phone and the phone was never answered - ansaphone only. I was advised they don't answer calls otherwise they would never get any of the cases actually done, and I can see the logic in that. Hth and good luck

Cheers

HH
Thanks for the input. I'm still waiting to hear. Have just e-mailed again, fingers crossed
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:44 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

you hear from her soon!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I maybe gave you this link already.
If not try

Benz1. It is specifically for LTBV.

Tell them that BEVS says Hi