New Zealand poser

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

stangleaves is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New Zealand poser

Hello all

New to this site , but found it very informative. I have a question about getting to New Zealand. I am 56 years of age and married with 2 kids , 25 and 18 years of age. I am a Brit but have been living in the states for the last 15 years.
I was divorced from my first wife and had 1 child, she subsequently remarried in britain but moved to New Zealand, where they all still reside, my first daughter is now 32. I have looked at getting to New Zealand but it seems really hard, my question is can my first child sponsor me to emigrate to Kiwi, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Zealand poser

I doubt it as your 'centre of gravity ' is not in New Zealand.

What is required - Residence
You need to meet a number of requirements to have your residence application approved under the Family Category (Parent Policy).
You must:

* be the parent of an adult child 17 years or over who is a New Zealand citizen or resident (in some situations grandparents and legal guardians are also considered as parents). Please note that if your sponsoring child is aged between 17 and 24 they must provide satisfactory evidence they can meet the undertakings given in the sponsorship form.
* have no dependent children and all of your adult children are lawfully and permanently outside the country in which you are lawfully and permanently, or the centre of gravity of your family is in New Zealand.
* have the “centre of gravity” of your family in New Zealand.
* be in good health
* be of good character
* be sponsored by your New Zealand child who is eligible to sponsor you, and is able (and/or their partner is able) to meet the minimum income requirement.
If your wife is younger than you and has skills then perhaps look to her as principle applicant.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Zealand poser

Originally Posted by stangleaves
Hello all

New to this site , but found it very informative. I have a question about getting to New Zealand. I am 56 years of age and married with 2 kids , 25 and 18 years of age. I am a Brit but have been living in the states for the last 15 years.
I was divorced from my first wife and had 1 child, she subsequently remarried in britain but moved to New Zealand, where they all still reside, my first daughter is now 32. I have looked at getting to New Zealand but it seems really hard, my question is can my first child sponsor me to emigrate to Kiwi, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I think, not sure, but I think a child can only sponsor a parent to NZ if that parent does not have more children living outside of Nz than in NZ. So if you have three children two of them need to live in Nz for you to be sponored. Look on the NZIS website for more details.

The other option is like others have said for your wife to be the main applicant, if she is under 55