New Zealand -How's and Why's?

Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:25 am
Imz
Forum Regular

Imz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant future
Default New Zealand -How's and Why's?

Hi there,

Visted Nz in December, now I have decided to look for jobs over there. I am 28 year old graduate. I have 95 points, so can't enter the EOI pool. My occupation isn't on the skills shortage list.

I see so many good jobs advertised but nobody will give me a chance as they are not willing to sponsor me. So what do I do?

Go for a work permit? Which visa is most applicable?

Many Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand -How's and Why's?

I'm a big fan of working holiday visa as they are so easy to apply for and get you in the country where people can get to see you at work
I know people that got permanent work this way...also gives you time to scope out the place and see if it's really where you want to be
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Why not try a working holiday visa. You are young enough for this.

Please be aware that NZ employers don't 'sponsor' . Also note that it is a job offer first and then one applies for a work visa and not the other way around.

A working holiday visa would give you a chance to really spend some time in this country and get a feel for what employment opportunities are out there.

As your occupation is not on the shortages lists NZ employers will not be free to offer you a job, even if there is a vacancy, unless they can prove to NZIS that there is no NZ citizen or permanent resident for that job. They would need to have been advertising for quite a while and be able to show adverts. training policies etc.

Perhaps you could take a look at the NZIS accredited employers listing on the NZIS website. With those employers they are free to offer you a job if they have a vacancy in your field and your quals and work exp match.

Good luck
Old Apr 10th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick query on the last thread, if I applied and was offered a job by an accredited employer, does that mean I have to go under the WTR scheme, or can I get a temporary visa to start the job and apply under the skilled migrant category claiming points for a job offer? Any info thanks