moving to new zealand

Old Apr 20th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

djr32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to new zealand

hi me and my family are seriously considering moving out to new zealand and i am very curious about how i stand for getting work out there,we are looking at living in the north shore area and i am qualified domestic and commercial boiler and gas repair service and install engineer here in England, i can also do most large plant works and plumbing as well, thanks for any advice in advance.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 8:08 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to new zealand

looking at the Immigration site you would need to be registered

Plumbers, gasfitters and drainlayers

Plumbers, Gasfitters & Drainlayers Board
PO Box 10 655, Wellington
Telephone: 64 4 494 2970
Facsimile: 64 4 494 2975
Email: [email protected]

so maybe check out that website.

but I couldn't find gas fitter on the skills list but someone may be along with more detailed information
Old Apr 20th 2014, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for that
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

so i am looking at the north shore area what is the work around there like i.e is it steady more the albany,glenfield areas and rough cost of living bearing in mind i live just outside london ta
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora from New Zealand.
We moved to NZ ten years ago now. My husband is a UK time served career plumber and gasfitter. He is also now an NZ registered craftsman plumber/gasfitter. It's taken a while but we got there in the end.

An overseas trade qualification will only ever go partway to being recognised in NZ. Some trade quals are not recognised at all. That's because obviously NZ is a different country with it's own rules and regs, although they do align with Australia.

Any reason why you are asking about Auckland ?

If you wish to move to NZ permanently you may have to settle for where you can get a job offer. Plumbers and gasfitters are not in shortage here at the moment so unless the NZ employer is accredited by NZ Immigration , the employer will have to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take up that vacancy -either NZ qualified or apprentice.

Have you contacted the PGDB of NZ as MrsF suggested.

Out of interest, what do you know about the plumbing and gasfitting trades in NZ. What type of work there is. Who does it. How it is regulated.
Just saves me typing a long tome about something you may be well informed about already.

edit.....

Ah! I see you are exploring your possibilities with several countries. Oz and Canada.

Given that, your first priority is not where you could live in NZ. but actually, could you get a visa for NZ AND how would you work in your trade.

What are your UK quals.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 21st 2014 at 9:02 pm.